This is the text attached to the lasercutter to help refresh members when using it, and is not a replacement for training.
You must be trained by a member to use the lasercutter (outside training does not count)
1. Turn on the lasercutter computer
2. Turn on the laser cutter
3. Check cooling water is running and extractor fan is extracting
4. Once the lasercutter has booted, open the laser cutter software
5. Load files and set settings
6. Upload to laser cutter
7. Check Z axis, the beam focus is at the top of the vertical metal ruler. Rule of thumb, focus at the top of material for engrave, at the bottom for cut.
8. Load material into cutter
9. Run box to check material is in the correct position
*** DO NOT CONTINUE PAST THIS POINT UNLESS THE CUTTER HAS NOW BEEN ON FOR >5mins TO ALLOW THE TUBE TO BE COOLED ***
10. Close lid and press start
11. While the laser is active, don't leave it. Please fill in the lasercutter logbook form @ http://bit.ly/LaserLogbookForm
12. Once finished, remove material, and any off cuts.
13. Hoover the bed, to remove any off cuts that may have fallen between the gaps.
14. Put the relevent cash in the laser usage box to cover the costs of the cutter.