LED Notification board2
Let's work as a group on a micro-controller project!
We are building a new LED notification board for the workshop, adapted from Solexious' project. We're using this project as a learning platform for the new Not Just Arduino members.
We had interesting discussions & contributions from Jasper, TimS, Sue and Artag, everybody welcome to contribute.
- 4 x DE-DP10XV110 Green LED Dot Matrix available in the space
What extra functionalities do you want to add to the actual board?
>>>> Please add below: your links, suggestions, code, specs on the project page
- Provisioning a network cable to the board can be a pain and that's just to send a few bytes of data every now and then. We can use the Nordic nrf21 chips (same as in EMF badge) to send the data wirelessly and cheaply. There is a good guide online. We will require a simple server/client setup.
As example here is the code from the 1st notification board:
- Arduino code: https://github.com/solexious/NotifyBoard
- Arduino Lib: http://github.com/solexious/MatrixDisplay
- IRC Script: http://github.com/londonhackspace/irccat-commands/blob/master/setBoard.py
- There is some useful info on connecting Arduinos and Sure displays on the Make, Hack, Void site
The code is here: https://github.com/devdsp/HT1632-AVR
Write to board from IRC
?board <this lands on board>