Swap time for personal and non-profit projects. Don't swap skills for commercial projects, the tax man will hunt you down and eat you.
- Programming: C++
- Math, Physics
- Quantitative finance
- Someone that can mentor/guide me filling my gaps in CS / software engineering and web development. I am interested in the following areas:
- Web development (esp Ruby on Rails and similar frameworks)
- Networking (sockets, ...)
- The big picture (esp when it comes to JVM related technologies)
- Can team up with someone to learn either of these, or functional programming
Darren McDonald aka Renski
- IT Security / Pen Testing / Hacking
- I will be tempted to involve the police if anyone asks me to do anything remotely shady. Don't even bother asking.
- Good with C, C++, Java SE, PHP, HTML
- Operating Systems
- Can setup and configure pretty much anything on Linux, BIND/Apache/LibVirt/SSHD/SMTP/etc
- Help making my personal website look more pretty and organised, but only using static content such as HTML/CSS. No dynamic code.
- I've no artistic talent whatsoever, so I'm unable to make anything remotely pleasing to the eye.
Hi Darren, I'm still quite new to web design but could probably help you out there, pretty good with css. I'm in need of some php help. Only just joined so not sure how all this works.
Jim MacArthur aka srimech
- Low level programming
- x86, ARM and POWER assembler and things related to code generation (compilers, DBTs and JITs)
- C and C++ (as long as you don't need exceptions)
- C for AVR processors
- Older Microchip PIC asm (PIC16F87*)
- Some Perl, Java and Python, not a guru though
- OpenSCAD and PyGame
- Someone to teach him how to make Turkish coffee well
- Lathe training
Alex Coulcher aka moonthug
- Good At (and used commercially)
- PHP[ZendFramework, CodeIgniter], c/c++[Arduino, OpenFrameworks, OpenCV etc], Java[SE, Processing], as3[Flash, Flex, AIR], JS[node.js, jQuery], HTML/CSS...
- Pretty good at
- c#[mono], Objective-c
- Non development stuff
- Strong design background
- A fun, creative, crazy, (design output based), projects
- To learn hardware/AVR development
Hey Moonthug, I don't know if you're still on the look out for crazy projects. I'm a tech loving stand up and have a fun thing I'm looking for a collaborator on. Don't know if it is crazy enough for you. How do we get in touch? All the best, Sanderson