Within the hackspace there is a huge amount of equipment that is freely available for anyone to use. Most of that equipment can be damaged, or cause damage if it's not used correctly. Plan ahead and get some training on the equipment you want to use, by the people listed below; ether on irc or via the email list.
Equipment that needs training before use
Training is required for the following equipment, because it's either extremely dangerous or delicate (see rules 1, 2 and 3):
Stuff to Make Things With
- Fluke/Philips PM 3365A 100MHz digital oscilloscope
- Basic 20MHz analogue oscilloscope.
- HP 1650A Logic analyzer (32-channel).
- SMD hot air rework station.
- Electric stick welding set
- MIG welding set
Individuals listed below are prepared to pass on their knowledge, either in a workshop or one to one.
- Arduino - earthshine
- Amateur Radio - Ciemon, Phil, wyan
- Circuit design - artag
- Coding -
- First Aid - Glen, tajasel
- Power tools - Phil
- Soldering - Glen, Mitch Altman
- Test gear (oscilloscopes etc.) - artag
- Git (version control) - Chris Mear, wyan
- Inkscape - eb4890 (I have been known to help with other software things)
- Welding - Martin K (also other metalwork, lathe mill etc.) (which Martin K? not mars/Klang!)