Visited / Past Events
- London Model Engineering Exhibition 21-23 January 2011. For those interested in the engineering side of things. A good place to pick up tools, parts, and materials. Usually focused on steam, rockets, indoor flying, and exceptionally detailed models built from scratch.
- Kinetica Art Fair 4-6 February 2011
- Sterling engines at Kew steam museum Sunday March 27th. This was a nice afternoon out. There were lots of working home made sterling engines being shown off by their creators. Some of the museums steam engines were running including one of the pumps that used to supply water to west london, impressive just by sheer size and better when it's running. Museum is best visited when the machines are running or when there is something else on. There is a decent free house in between Kew Bridge station and the museum to idle away the time until the next train.
- Blackpool radio rally 10th of April. and a visit to MadLAb
- Maker Faire, Newcastle, 12-13 March 2011. The resulting tesla coil kinect video was popular beyond all expectations...
- Totally Tools, Birmingham 6-8 February 2011
- Whitstable wind farm/sea forts
- Visit to Tim Hunkin's exhibition at Southwold, combined with a highly scientific tour of the Adnam's brewery.
- Vintage Computer Festival at The National Museum of Computing at Bletchley Park -- This is over now, it was very successful. Thanks to all that attended, we are hoping to hold another one at some point!
- Trip to Sound Mirrors in Denge - 2010-07-18
- British Science Festival, 14-19 September. This year in Aston: a week long series of lectures on various sciences (physical, chemical, mathematical, soft, etc.).
- PLASA, 2010 & 2011
- NortHACKton are having a Pinball session on November 28th (changed: was 27th). London hackspace people also welcome, subject to limits on space - contact Artag for more details.
- Maker Faire Brighton Sunday 3rd September.
- chance to tour a fusion reactor Wednesday 14 September, and maybe October/November.
- Over the Air 2011 – September 30th & October 1st.
Non-geographic / virtual / broadcast