Good news - we're open for limited services in Wembley. Ujima House is now actively under refurbishment and we'd love your help in making the space the best it can be.
During this interim period donations and continued membership are greatly appreciated while we transition to our new space.
Please use the Project: namespace and tag your page with the Projects category when making a link to a new project. Also consider posting a photo/link on the LHS blog.
See also Sauce code.
A place to document infrastructure work on the space, worthy of "project" status
Projects documented on this wiki
See Category:Projects for projects not linked below.
AGUK Trophy - Building a trophy for the national air guitar competition
IM-Me - hacking the silly purple things
O2 - getting the SGI machine working.
PizzaPrinter - An insane concept for a printer that prints pizzas.
Race Track - More insanity
Turing Machine Mechanical Turing Machine
Hackvan - The Toyota campervan
Vacuum former - Making our own
HackSat One - our very own satellite via KickSat
Ball Computer - An over-ambitious project to make a computer out of ball bearings (it started with water)
Loom - Weaving started the industrial revolution. What better project for a hackspace ?
Pop Up TV Studio Show - A never ending live edit audio video project
Passive cooled PC case - A prototype silent running high-end desktop PC with no moving parts
Projects/GingeryFurnace - Melting metal with a furnace made from junk
Projects/Scooter Roof - A windscreen/roof with wipers and screen washer for a Gilera Fuoco 500 scooter.
LayserCake - A script for splitting images so we can use the laser cutter to engrave them in greyscale.
Project:TrainSIM - reverse engineering Microsoft Trainsim to allow AI control, etc.
Main page found here: biohacking
3D Scanning - Various reviews and builds of software and hardware to scan and reproduce 3D objects
Brewing Beer - An ongoing project of delicious proportions
PCB Making - Printed Circuit Board Howto
PCB Etch Tank - Etch tank for PCB making
DIY Hazardous Disposal - Chemical Hacking
Arcade machine - Information regarding the arcade machine in the back room
Circuits - An index of electronic circuits
Bifferboards - Getting the bifferboards working.
BigClock - The ex-railways (?) big lcd clock screen thing
HM55B - compass module
K3520 - SMS interface
OsmocomBB - GSM baseband
USB Group & Workshops - Information about the USB Group.
The Dispatcher Consoles - pinouts and how to talk to them.
The LHS HRS - hopefully a ham radio station with voice and digital mode capabilities
Network Bandwidth Meter - a network bandwidth meter and display for the space.
HackSpace Robotics Development Platform - HSRDP is an attempt to provide a robotics platform for the hackspace to allow people to experiment with higher level robotics functions
PCB Drill - converting an old cnc engraver into a pcb drill.
CD-ROM Miniplotter - a mini plotter for PCBs hacked together from two CD-ROM drives and a few pieces of acrylic.
Notification Board - The LED display in the space
LCD display - library for the LED display
Alpha transceivers - cheapish wireless communication
OpenSocaTester - [working title] - An arduino-based multi-core cable tester
WiiMX - An arduino-based movement controller for moving lights
Ethernet Arduino - Building Ethernet enabled Arduino boards.
- Could we do a PCB-making + soldering workshop to make a bunch of Nanduinos instead since that's a hackspace project? JasperWallace
- I'm happy to help with making Nanduinos, but unless you really want to DIY, I recommend [Teensy] & [Bumble-B] which are similar. ChrisMc
YAAC - Yet Another Arduino Clone.
Projects/4 In A Row - Donation Box A donations box for the space.
UACs - Unashamed Arduino Clones.
LED Cube - small and simple LED Cube
Tgimboej - The Great Internet Migratory Box Of Electronics Junk
Paid Projects / Small Jobs / Bounties
Projects that are waiting to be completed but due to lack of resources (knowledge, time, skills) are there waiting for someone with complimentary skills. Note that monetary exchange is not required - it can be either a donation, skill swap or dedicating moneys towards LHS or some notable charities.
Upgrading Netgear Router [DONE]
Sourcing and assembling PCB components (Monezor updated)
- Thingiverse "Things" that were made at the London Hackspace.
- Nanduino - Tiny and cheap AVR microcontroller board designed for the Hackspace PCB workshop
- Electronic Circuits - Git Repository
- Concurrency.cc board - Freeduino that runs off 1 AA cell (actually not related to hackspace - just a cool arduino)
- Dongleduino (< £5 arduino, native USB): http://icrobotics.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Dongleduino
- CLI build environment for Arduino
- Wifi aerial
- Possible collaboration? - Lasersaur
- Wifi aerial
- Opendrawer.org - Robotic platform for investigating simulated drawing behavior and learning
- Sam Kelly on printmaking
- Stephen Early's fermenter temperature controller and the source code
- The PL(A)YWOOD groups external website features some projects completed in the Hackspace
- Electronics Point - active electrical engineering online community that provides useful resources for Electrical Engineers.
- All About Circuits - another useful resources for Electrical Engineers.
- Maker Pro - an active, open source platform for maker projects much like Hack A Day. These projects are centered around Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel Edison, home automation and more.
These are links to people's galleries (on flicker, youtube, etc), as opposed to specific project articles.