3 in 1 lathe
- 3 in 1 lathe page (will be edited by Dean shortly do not remove)**
This new name was decided for the group during the 1st event.
Feel free to add all relevant info to this page.
To discuss projects, visit our new mailing list]
- Building an active user group around Arduino and micro-controllers
- Organise workshops and talks where we can all share and learn skills
- Bi-monthly events where we can bring our projects demo them and / or get help
Read the report on our 1st Event
Friday 5th October 7PM - 19 participants
Note: do not edit the event pirate-pad, edit this wiki directly!
Next event (date selection for 1st Workshop/Usergroup) is at
Skills that the group has or are happy to share.
|Name||Electronic Skills||Programming Skills||Platform||Prepared to mentor|
|Dean||Basic||Learning Basic's||Arduino||Yes - Set Up in Windows|
|TheHypnotist||Analogue-basic, Digital-medium||C mostly now||os/Linux ARM/Atmega328/MSP430||Yes|
|Ulisses||Basic||Advanced (C like)|
|Shane||Basic||basic C,||Will try|
|Mentar||Analogue-basic, Digital-medium||Arduino, C, C++, S4A||Arduino, AVR, PIC||Yes|
|Add Your Details here||??||??||??||??|
|Name||I would like coaching support in||At Level|
|Add Your Details here||??||??|
Training will be determined by the needs of the user group meetings. Members of our group will offer mentoring, though we might find some kind of trade system (skill-share, beers, travel-cost...). We need to be able to provide a mentor during sessions to help those who have difficulty getting off the ground - without tying the mentors up too much. Beginners will help each other and when progress will take over some part of the training.
Each project should be listed here, to source help and document what they have done/learned: if not documented directly it does not exist.
Please list here your projects using micro-controllers here
- Weather Station - to feed into openweather map and cosm (Deanforbes)
- Sousvide Water Bath - Precision water heater using PID controller (Deanforbes)
- Robotic Arm with Kinect 3D "Vision" - Have arduino control a robotic arm and have input from Microsoft Kinect's infrared depth sensor to guide the arm to pick stuff (Ulisses)
- Build a simple ethernet driven relay (2x) - anyone wanting to join in is welcome, we will learn the basics as we go along (Dario)
- With basic electronic-circuit training (printing, etching, soldering), would eventually like to build a Nanode (Dario)
- Object detection - begin with RFID and then go on to explore other options with longer ranges (Kieron)
- Autonomous Rover Project - a robot that can put out a room and plug itself in to a power socket (ambitious)
- Using AVR-GCC, Make and AVRDude i.e. progamming Arduino's using C instead of being reliant upon the Arduino IDE.
- Using hardware programmers.
- Graphical Programming for Arduino see "Interesting Links" below
The Hackspace library has some decent Arduino books:
but please add here suggestions.
Add your links here with a small description.
Alternative platform for Arduino
Graphical Programming for Arduino