447 Hackney Road
Our new space, ours from Friday 15th March 2013. At more than 6500 sq ft (600 m2) over two floors, it's nearly triple the size of our old space, and also includes a > 6000sqft dedicated yard with loading bay.
This space is currently not open to members or the general public.
There's lots to do before we move in. Here are some resources that help us coordinate the move: Hackspace Move. We need as much help as you can offer!
How to get there
It's a 15-minute walk from the current space. Or a short bus ride on the 26, 48, 55.
- There is a bikeshare station around the corner on Pritchards Road
- Local bus stops: 26, 48, 55 are right next to the entrance on Hackney Road. Mare St around the corner: 106, 254, others. The 394 bus to Angel and Homerton is a 2-minute walk away, at the other end of Pritchards Road. The 236 bus is at the end of Broadway Market, and leads to Shacklewell Lane/Kingsland Rd, just North of Dalston Junction.
- It's a 10-minute walk from Bethnal Green tube station, and around the corner from the Cambridge Heath overground station
This space increases our monthly budget from around £5,000 to over £10,000 per month. At the moment, membership income is around £7,000/month, so we need to increase our membership income significantly in order to cope.
We have the benefit of nearly £40,000 in savings in the bank, and the first 4 months of our lease are rent-free.
- There is a cash machine directly across the road by the Tesco.
- There is a post office sorting office behind the building on Emma Street
- Broadway Market and London Fields are a 5-minute walk away
- There are many nice Pubs close by:
- Venetian Restaurant/Bar Ombra
- Brazilian Restaurant/Takeway 'Raizes' (on just-eat) Map
- Vyner Street First Thursday Open studios every month in Vyner St for an arty farty party
- Apiary Studios Sound Studio and Event Venue
- Last Tuesday Society Lots of two headed dead things in glass boxes
- Pics from Russ/Jonty's first visit
- second visit
- Second visit - Sully's pictures (Mostly infrastructure related)
- Video - 16/01/2013