Babbage is a general usage server that lives in the space.
Hackspace members do not automatically receive a Babbage account. To access Babbage, ask for an account on the IRC, and then connect via SSH.
- OS: Ubuntu i686
- CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.53GHz (1 logical core)
- RAM: 1GB - 2 x 512 MB dimm DDR 533mhz 1.9ns
- Disks: 1x500GB
- GPU: Intel Corporation E7221 Integrated Graphics Controller
Named after Charles Babbage.
See also: System naming
- Internal: 172.31.24.101
- External: hack.rs or 220.127.116.11
These must be running in sudo screen sessions (run from their directories):
python /usr/local/bin/Lighted/lighted.py /usr/local/bin/powerBoard.sh
These services should be started automatically as daemons:
- /etc/init.d/ircensus start
- /etc/init.d/doorbot-listeners start
- /etc/init.d/xinetd start
- /etc/init.d/apache2 start
- /etc/init.d/lighttpd start
- /etc/init.d/boarded start
Webcams are controlled by the motion deamon. This can be run from `/usr/local/bin/scripts/startmotion` (preferably in a screen session)
Add /mnt/drobo to PRUNEPATHS in /etc/updatedb.conf Set the following in /etc/lighttpd/lighttpd.conf:
server.document-root = "/home/solexious/coolbot" server.port = 8022