Archive:Space Expansion (2010/11)
Current space expenditure (monthly):
- Council tax
- £60 (currently 0-rated)
- £2000 (excluding council tax)
Current space income (monthly):
We currently have a surplus of £900/month. We would need approximately £1000/month more income to rent the unit next door: about 45 new members or everyone increasing their subscription by £7/month (from current £22 average). Or 20 new members and an average increase of £3.
The unit adjacent to the current hackspace is currently unoccupied.
- Relatively easy to do.
- Can we knock through the wall to create a doorway between the two?
- Is there any possibility of discounts from leasing two units?
- Would make us liable for council tax (Approx £140/mo).
- No internal walls in unit 23.
Currently quoted at £1752/month
- Better transport links.
- Large amount of effort required to identify and select candidates.
- If a good candidate is found without many internal features, a large one-off cost to fit it out would be incurred.
- Suitable candidates are likely to be more expensive per unit area, as it seems hard to justify moving without being more central.