Archive:Space Expansion (2010/11)
Current space expenditure (monthly):
- Council tax
- £60 (currently 0-rated)
Current space income (monthly):
We currently have a surplus of £900/month. We would need approximately £1100/month more to rent the unit next door: about 44 new members or everyone increasing their subscription by £9/month.
The unit adjacent to the current hackspace is currently unoccupied.
- Relatively easy to do.
- Can a doorway between the two be fitted?
- Is there any possibility of discounts from leasing two units?
- Would make us liable for council tax.
- No walls in unit 23.
- Better transport links.
- Large amount of effort required to identify and select candidates.
- If a good candidate is found without many internal features, a large one-off cost to fit it out would be incurred.
- Suitable candidates are likely to be more expensive per unit area, as it seems hard to justify moving without being more central.