Archive:Venues/17 Barnsbury Terrace
Our space is kindly provided by our friends at 2020 Archery. It's not intended to be permanent, but it's an affordable place to get started - we pay £400/month in rent.
Entry is usually for paying Hackspace members and their guests only. Non-members are only allowed during pre-arranged events.
The space will be closed 23rd December - 1st January (inclusive).
Normal opening hours, not requiring a key-holder, are:
- 17:00 - 21:30 Monday
- 14:00 - 21:30 Tuesday - Thursday
- CLOSED Friday
- 12:00 - 18:30 Saturday and Sunday
If a key-holder is not present you must vacate the building at closing time.
After closing time, or on Fridays, entry to the building is by arrangement with a key-holder only, and exit is via the rear entrance in Barnsbury Square.
About half way up the gravelled part of Barnsbury Terrace, through a grey gate labelled "Ardern Hodges Ltd.".
Parking on Barnsbury Terrace is not permitted.
- 153 (alight on Hemingford Road, 0.2 miles)
- 17, 91, 259, 274 (alight on Caledonian Road, 0.3 miles)
About equal distance from:
- Caledonian Road (Picadilly line, 0.7 miles)
- Highbury and Islington (Victoria line, 0.7 miles)
- Angel (Northern line, 0.9 miles)
- King's Cross (Circle, Hammersmith and City, Picadilly, Metropolitan, Northern, and Victoria lines; 1.0 miles)
- Caledonian Road and Barnsbury (0.3 miles)
- Essex Road (0.9 miles)
- Kings Cross (1.0 miles)
- St Pancras International (1.2 miles)
- Electronics Bench
- Fluke/Philips PM 3365A 100MHz Digital Oscilloscope, with two probes
- HP 1650A Logic Analyzer (32-channel)
- 20V 5A CV/CC Power Supply
- Soldering irons
- Adjustable work lamps/magnifiers
- Network switches
- Power sockets
- Large computer
- 24" Apple Monitor
- Lounge area
- CRT Television
- Crafts area
- The space is up the stairs to the left immediately after you go in the front door.
- Gents toilet is on the ground floor, through the double doors at the end of the corridor and immediately hard right. Ladies is on the left before the double doors.
- The kitchen on the ground floor is open for hackspace use, but use it responsibly.
- During archery hours, access past the white line on the floor of the main archery range is strictly forbidden.