Archive:Venues/17 Barnsbury Terrace
Our space is kindly provided by our friends at 2020 Archery. It's not intended to be permanent, but it's an affordable place to get started - we pay £400/month in rent.
Entry is usually for paying Hackspace members and their guests only. Non-members are only allowed during pre-arranged events.
The space will be closed 23rd December - 1st January (inclusive).
Normal opening hours, not requiring a key-holder, are:
- 17:00 - 21:30 Monday
- 14:00 - 21:30 Tuesday - Thursday
- CLOSED Friday
- 12:00 - 18:30 Saturday and Sunday
If a key-holder is not present you must vacate the building at closing time.
After closing time, or on Fridays, entry to the building is by arrangement with a key-holder only, and exit is via the rear entrance in Barnsbury Square.
About half way up the gravelled part of Barnsbury Terrace, through a grey gate labelled "Ardern Hodges Ltd.".
Parking on Barnsbury Terrace is not permitted.
There is space in the gents toilets to store bicycles securely, it is also possible to take them in to the space itself.
- 153 (alight on Hemingford Road, 0.2 miles)
- 17, 91, 259, 274 (alight on Caledonian Road, 0.3 miles)
About equal distance from:
- Caledonian Road (Picadilly line, 0.7 miles)
- Highbury and Islington (Victoria line, 0.7 miles)
- Angel (Northern line, 0.9 miles)
- King's Cross (Circle, Hammersmith and City, Picadilly, Metropolitan, Northern, and Victoria lines; 1.0 miles)
- Caledonian Road and Barnsbury (0.3 miles)
- Essex Road (0.9 miles)
- Kings Cross (1.0 miles)
- St Pancras International (1.2 miles)
- Electronics Bench
- Fluke/Philips PM 3365A 100MHz Digital Oscilloscope, with two probes
- HP 1650A Logic Analyzer (32-channel)
- 20V 5A CV/CC Power Supply
- Soldering irons
- Adjustable work lamps/magnifiers
- Network switches
- Power sockets
- Large computer
- 24" Apple Monitor
- Lounge area
- CRT Television
- Crafts area
- The space is up the stairs to the left immediately after you go in the front door.
- Gents toilet is on the ground floor, through the double doors at the end of the corridor and immediately hard right. Ladies is on the left before the double doors.
- The kitchen on the ground floor is open for hackspace use, but use it responsibly.
- During archery hours, access past the white line on the floor of the main archery range is strictly forbidden.