Archive:Venues/17 Barnsbury Terrace
Our space is kindly provided by our friends at 2020 Archery. It's not intended to be permanent, but it's an affordable place to get started - we pay £500/month in rent.
Entry is usually for paying Hackspace members and their guests only. Non-members are only allowed during the public weekly hack evenings, or other pre-arranged events.
Normal opening hours, not requiring a key-holder, are:
- 17:00 - 21:00 Monday
- 14:00 - 21:00 Tuesday - Thursday
- CLOSED Friday
- 12:00 - 18:30 Saturday and Sunday
If a key-holder is not present you must vacate the building at closing time. Please make your presence known to the archers by saying hello, and with the sign on the door.
After closing time, or on Fridays, entry to the building is by arrangement with a key-holder only, and exit is via the rear entrance in Barnsbury Square.
See the Keyholders page.
17 Barnsbury Terrace, London N1 1JH
About half way up the gravelled part of Barnsbury Terrace, through a grey gate labelled "Ardern Hodges Ltd.". The space is located up the stairs immediately to the left after you enter the front door.
The landline phone number is 020 7609 2797. This is not our telephone, so please do not call it unless you need to disturb the archers.
- Gents toilet is on the ground floor, through the double doors at the end of the corridor and immediately hard right. Ladies is on the left before the double doors.
- The kitchen on the ground floor is open for hackspace use, but use it responsibly.
- During archery hours, access past the white line on the floor of the main archery range is strictly forbidden.
- See our equipment and components lists for information on using the gear in the space.
- Anything in a transparent white box with a name on it is OFF LIMITS, it's people's personal gear.
- In an emergency, call Jonty on 07793 223 857 or Russ on 07799 027 946.
It is possible to take bicycles in to the space itself.
- 153 (alight on Hemingford Road [Richmond Avenue/Rippledale Grove (V)], 0.2 miles)
- 17, 91, 259, 274 (alight on Caledonian Road [Northbound: Story Street/Fleeting Road (M); Southbound: Story Street (P)] 0.3 miles)
About equal distance from:
- Caledonian Road (Zone 2, Piccadilly line, 0.7 miles)
- Highbury & Islington (Zone 2, Victoria line, 0.7 miles)
- Angel (Zone 1, Northern line, 0.9 miles)
- King's Cross St Pancras (Zone 1, Piccadilly, Northern, Metropolitan, Circle, Hammersmith & City, and Victoria lines, 1.0 miles)
- Caledonian Road and Barnsbury (North London Line, 0.3 miles)
- Essex Road (Northern City Line, 0.9 miles)
- London King's Cross (East Coast Main Line, 1.0 miles)
- London St Pancras International (Midland Main Line, Thameslink, and High Speed 1; 1.2 miles)
Parking on Barnsbury Terrace is not permitted. Nearby streets are limited to residents-only (zone IS-E) and metered from Monday-Friday 8:30am-6:30pm and 8:30am-1:30pm Saturday. We are located outside the Congestion Zone.
Update the spinner on the main door to remind the archers not to lock you in.
If you are visiting before the archers arrive, there is a "Space open, please knock" sign just behind the sliding door. Please put this on the front door, so it can be left on the latch to prevent randoms walking into the range.
Please place all waste in the bins provided. The following can be recycled:
- batteries (car and household - there is a box for these)
- cans (please rinse)
- cardboard (flattened brown and white cardboard, flattened cardboard boxes)
- CDs and DVDs
- fluorescent tubes and energy saving light bulbs
- glass bottles and jars (clear, green and brown)
- plastic bags
- plastic drink bottles
- cardboard drinks cartons
- tin foil
These will be taken away periodically. In addition, print cartridges can be taken to recycling centre resulting in a donation to charity - so you may like to keep these separate from other waste.
- check that any food etc is in the bin and the washing up is done.
- unplug all soldering irons and heaters.
- close the door and change the spinner to 'the space is empty'.
- lock BOTH locks on the front door.
- and don't forget the lock on the door in the wall.
- close the window