Archive:Venues/17 Barnsbury Terrace
Our space is kindly provided by our friends at 2020 Archery. It's not intended to be permanent, but it's an affordable place to get started - we pay £400/month in rent.
Entry is usually for paying Hackspace members and their guests only. Non-members are only allowed during pre-arranged events.
Normal opening hours, not requiring a key-holder, are:
- 17:00 - 21:30 Monday
- 14:00 - 21:30 Tuesday - Thursday
- CLOSED Friday
- 12:00 - 18:30 Saturday and Sunday
If a key-holder is not present you must vacate the building at closing time.
After closing time, or on Fridays, entry to the building is by arrangement with a key-holder only, and exit is via the rear entrance in Barnsbury Square.
- The space is up the stairs to the left immediately after you go in the front door.
- Gents toilet is on the ground floor, through the double doors at the end of the corridor and immediately hard right. Ladies is on the left before the double doors.
- The kitchen on the ground floor is open for hackspace use, but use it responsibly.
- During archery hours, access past the white line on the floor of the main archery range is strictly forbidden.
About half way up the gravelled part of Barnsbury Terrace, through a grey gate labelled "Ardern Hodges Ltd.".
Parking on Barnsbury Terrace is not permitted.
There is space in the gents toilets to store bicycles securely, it is also possible to take them in to the space itself.
- 153 (alight on Hemingford Road [Richmond Avenue/Rippledale Grove (V)], 0.2 miles)
- 17, 91, 259, 274 (alight on Caledonian Road [Northbound: Story Street/Fleeting Road (M); Southbound: Story Street (P)] 0.3 miles)
About equal distance from:
- Caledonian Road (Zone 2, Picadilly line, 0.7 miles)
- Highbury and Islington (Zone 2, Victoria line, 0.7 miles)
- Angel (Zone 1, Northern line, 0.9 miles)
- King's Cross St. Pancras (Zone 1; Circle, Hammersmith and City, Picadilly, Metropolitan, Northern, and Victoria lines; 1.0 miles)
- Caledonian Road and Barnsbury (North London Line, 0.3 miles)
- Essex Road (Northern City Line, 0.9 miles)
- Kings Cross (East Coast Main Line, 1.0 miles)
- St Pancras International (Midland Main Line, Thameslink, and High Speed 1; 1.2 miles)
Please place all waste in the bins provided. The following can be recycled:
- batteries (household and car)
- cans (please rinse)
- cardboard (flattened brown and white cardboard, flattened cardboard boxes)
- CDs and DVDs
- fluorescent tubes and energy saving light bulbs
- glass bottles and jars (clear, green and brown)
- plastic bags
- plastic drink bottles
- cardboard drinks cartons
- tin foil
These will be taken away periodically.