The Hackspace carries a range of electronic (and other) components in stock. As a rule, members can use anything for free, as long as the cost is less than £1. However, if you're using more than £5-£10 worth of components a month, we'd appreciate a donation to cover those costs.
Please include a link to the item, preferably from Farnell, or it won't be ordered.
If you're a member of the space we'll happily order components for you and take advantage of bulk discounts/free shipping. If the component you request is cheap, we may order more than you need and bring it into stock in the space (if that's the case, then it's free as above).
- Arduinos (we should probably get these from Earthshine, but our budget is a bit tight to stretch to them currently -Russ)
- Miniature trimming potentiometers
- I have large numbers of multiturn trimpots (like this) and there should already be some in the space. I can bring more if they're all gone, but check first - it may be that people don't realise that's what they are, or all the most useful values have been used up. Multiturns are in most respects better than single-turn, and cost silly money but these are free - artag.
- 4093 (four NAND Schmitt Triggers in one chip, useful for e.g. polyphonic square wave oscillators) (now UK stock)
- 4017B ("decade counter"/10-step counter, useful for sequencers) (now UK stock)
- 4050N level shifter
- MCP23008 I2C IO expander
- 555 and 556 timers. These are generally useful, we should always keep a few in stock.
- Socket cap screws, nuts, washers:
- A couple of stiff brushes - to make cleanup around MIll and Lathe easier. Perhaps with some chain to tie them to the table.
Please help by finding an appropriate link for the following.
- LEDs (varying, some good bright ones) +1 (we have loads of basic red/green/yellow etc ones)
- 12V 3A solid-state relay
- solid-core cable (RGBYKW) and multicore
- I have some reels of wire (stranded and coax - none solid) to bring in so stick to stocking up on solid for now - artag
Tools and equipment
See the Wishlist page.
Some tools we could regard as consumables; get cheap ones and replace them frequently. E.g.:
- screw drivers
Tool bits and pieces
Recently retired/thrown away
- spade-drills which had side of the spade drill broken sized 8, 10, 12 and 22 (2011/04)
- Down to the last hacksaw iron blade (2011/04) - 410 length
- Down to the last Pendulum Jigsaw saws of the non-T shape saws (2011/04)
We're running low on:
- Logic chips. I think the 74HCT series is a reasonable place to start, but I'm not an expert here.
- Some banaplugs or already wired up banaplug wires in the usual colours and length.
See also: Inventory#Stocked components.