Things You Want
We put in regular orders for electronic components and keep a large stock in the space, if you wish to use components from the space or want to add something to the next order, read the components page.
If you want to buy something yourself, have a look at the suppliers page
Things We Have
This list is nowhere near comprehensive. It's also eternally out of date. If you actually want to see what we have, drop by the space and have a look.
About items on loan to the hackspace: In addition to reading any labels on the device, you might want to read its wiki page first to make sure you're staying on the right side of the owner.
We insist that anyone using some of our equipment gets training.
- Fluke/Philips PM 3365A 100MHz digital oscilloscope, with two probes
- HP 1650A Logic analyzer (32-channel)
- 2x 0-20V 0-5A bench power supplies (one currently broken)
- 0-60v 1A bench power supply
- Adjustable fluorescent work lamps/magnifiers
- Soldering irons
- Massive Breadboard (6 blocks, with push buttons, toggle switches and indicator lights wired into the board pins)
- a Duratool desoldering tool
- SMD hot air rework station
- Audio signal generator
- 2x Bus Pirates
- Half a dozen Atmel Atmega328Ps, ideally with Arduino bootloader
- AVRISP mkII In-System Programmer
- Anyone is welcome to use this, but please do not hack beyond repair. Thanks! SpikeUK 05:38, 12 August 2010 (UTC)
- Peak DCA55 Component analyser - Identifies transistor pinout, gain and type - NPN, PNP, FET etc. (PDF manual)
- HP3488A Electronic Switch Unit with GPIB (on loan, User:dirkx) with the following cards:
- SOLARTRON SCHLUMBERGER 7150N Multimeter with GPIB (on loan, User:dirkx)
- HP8112a pulse generator with GPIB (on loan, User:dirkx)
- Proligic GPIB adaptor (ethernet, on loan, [User:dirkx]]).
- 1-20V 0-5A Slim Bench Power Supply with LCD Screen (on loan, [User:dirkx]]).
- W&T Com-Server Highspeed server, 4 serial ports, IP to RS232 (1x) and RS422/485 (3) (on loan, [User:dirkx]]).
- [V91Degausser | Hard Drive & DLT Tape Degausser]
- Prodigit 4010 Digitizing Power Meter GPIB (on loan, [User:dirkx]]). Measures things like voltage, power, current and power factor; so you can measure actual power use on non ohmic loads; like switch power supplies and fluoracent tubes.
- Mechanised Woodlouse Maze
- UV Exposure Box
- PCB etch station
- Spot face cutter for strip-board.
- Our multiformer has a shear that can be used to cut PCBs.
Stuff to Make Things With
- Makerbot Cupcake CNC rapid prototyping/3D printing machine
- Laser Cutter / Engraver
- Vinyl Cutter
- Stratasys FDM 1650 3D printer
- 2 Dremels and associated bits
- Dremel pillar drill (Ideal for drilling PCB's)
- Many many assorted tools
- selection of M2/2.5/3/4 nuts and bolts
- Sewing Machines
- Dymo machines
- Glue guns
- Pop rivet tool and rivets
- Routing Table
- Orbital sander
- Generic wood saw
- Power plane
- Mitre block/box
- Drill bits
- Vertical Bandsaw
- Belt Sander
- Plasma cutter
- Drill Press
- Milling Machine
- 3-in-1 Lathe/Mill/Drill press combo
Multiformer - the 12" model
- 150mm bench grinder
- Pipe bender/metal former
- Live centre for lathe tail stock
- 3 jaw chuck for lathe tailstock
- Rotary table
- Angle plate
- 7 piece indexable lathe tool set
- Collet chuck sets, 4mm - 16mm, 1/8" - 1/2"
- Boring head
- Boring tools
- Workholding Clamp set
- Drills from 1mm - 10mm in 0.1mm increments, 91 in total if it wasn't for the 1mm, 1.8mm and 4mm currently being missing
- Tap and die sets - from tiny ( 1mm ) to chunky ( 12mm )
- Fly cutter set
- Countersink set
- End mills 2mm - 12mm
- Slot drills 2mm - 8mm?
- Transfer punch kit
- Micrometer - 25mm
- Angle vice
- Spring kit
- Circlip kit
- Roll pin kit
- R clip kit
- Centre drills
Not stuff to be hacked, as it works best the way it is:
- Smoke machine (and occasional smoke ring maker)
- Kinect Microsoft Xbox's 3D imaging thing - excellent source of fun programming projects (like the Kinect controlled tesla coils)
- NEC T440 projector
- SANYO Multimedia ProX projector
- InFocus IN1 projector
- HP SB21 projector
- Massive projector screen - On loan from PaulR, please don't hack
- Stand/lectern - On loan from PaulR, please don't hack
- Dry-Wipe Whiteboard - On loan from PaulR. Please only use dry wipe marker pens
- See Kitchen
- First Aid Kit
- Power Tools 101 (Read this and increase the odds you finish the job with the same number of fingers you started with!
Cleaning and maintenance
Dead Trees / Library
- See Library
Things being borrowed
Tikitag RFID reader – Tom, tomwjennings@gmail --Tomwj 16:23, 21 June 2011 (UTC)
Belnea LCD Screen - Nick, email@example.com --[[User:xTwi7ch[xTwi7ch]] 00:15, 07 Aug 2011 (UTC)