Difference between revisions of "Equipment/Printers"
(was thrown out)
|Line 56:||Line 56:|
=Note on babbage=
=Note on babbage=
The version of ubuntu we run on babbage has a bug that means it dosn't
The version of ubuntu we run on babbage has a bug that means it dosn't printers via dns-sd (aka rendevous, bonjour, mdns), see this:
Revision as of 17:48, 25 March 2012
The Hackspace is currently in posession of several printers. Some work, some are untested.
HP LaserJet 1022
Please make a donation towards the running costs if you use the printer.
- New toner march 2011, it is rumored to work now.
- Location: Beside the desk with Lovelace and the Makerbot.
- Paper size: A4
- Type: Black and white laser
- Affixed to: Babbage
- Addressable via: CUPSd on Babbage
- Status: Working but the cable on the floor by the wall under the desk that's held into a USB hub with tape may be dodgy.
To clear the print queue
Browse to http://babbage:631/printers/Gutenberg click on the maintainance droplist and select cancel all jobs
To print from a laptop use:
- Driver: HP LaserJet 1022 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.5 (grayscale, 2-sided printing) HP Driver Download Page
- Connection: ipp://172.31.24.101:631/printers/gutenberg
HowTo: Add the HP LaserJet 1022 in XP
- Download the HP LaserJet 1022 driver from the HP website / support section.
- Install, but cancel when it asks you to plug in the printer
- Start->Control Panel->Printers and Faxes->Add a Printer->Add a Network Printer->Connect to a printer on the internet or in a Home / Office Network (add this to the url field): http://babbage:631/printers/gutenberg
- Then manually select the HP Laserjet 1022 driver from the list.
HowTo: Add the HP LaserJet 1022 in Fedora 14
- Under "System Settings" select "Printer Configuration"
- Choose a new network printer and enter "http://babbage:631/printers/Gutenberg" as the printer URI
Other printing equipment goes here.http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2455
We also have many thermel recipt printers.
And a WASP WPL305E barcode printer thing.
Note on babbage
The version of ubuntu we run on babbage has a bug that means it dosn't share printers via dns-sd (aka rendevous, bonjour, mdns), see this:
Looks like this works now (?)