The Hackspace is currently in posession of several printers. Some work, some are untested.
HP LaserJet 1022
Please make a donation towards the running costs if you use the printer.
- Replacement toner: 12A
- Location: Beside the desk with Lovelace.
- Paper size: A4
- Type: Black and white laser
- Affixed to: Babbage
- Addressable via: CUPSd on Babbage
- Status: Working.
To clear the print queues
Browse to http://babbage:631/jobs/ and it should be apparent what to do.
To print from a laptop use:
- Driver: HP LaserJet 1022 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.5 (grayscale, 2-sided printing) HP Driver Download Page
- Connection: ipp://172.31.24.101:631/printers/gutenberg
HowTo: Add the HP LaserJet 1022 in XP
- Download the HP LaserJet 1022 driver from the HP website / support section. If that doesn't work, install the 1020 driver.
- Install, but cancel when it asks you to plug in the printer
- Start->Control Panel->Printers and Faxes->Add a Printer->Add a Network Printer->Connect to a printer on the internet or in a Home / Office Network (add this to the url field): http://babbage:631/printers/HP_LaserJet_1022
- Then manually select the HP Laserjet 1022 driver from the list.
HowTo: Add the HP LaserJet 1022 in Fedora 14
- Under "System Settings" select "Printer Configuration"
- Choose a new network printer and enter "http://babbage:631/printers/Gutenberg" as the printer URI
HP Laserjet Pro CP1025
- Came from Sol
- uses the ZjStream protocol, drivers were installed from: http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/
- attached to babbage
- seems to just work across the network
If it doesn't, at least for XP follow the instructions above for the 1022,
but use the URL http://babbage:631/printers/HP_LaserJet_CP1025
Other printing equipment goes here.http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2455
We also have many thermel recipt printers.
And a WASP WPL305E barcode printer thing.
Note on babbage
The version of ubuntu we run on babbage has a bug that means it dosn't share printers via dns-sd (aka rendevous, bonjour, mdns), see this:
Looks like this works now (?)