The Hackspace is currently in posession of several printers. Some work, some are untested.
HP Laserjet 2200D
This is a Black and White duplex printer with its own Jetdirect network card allowing you to print to it over the network. It should not be connected to on the parallel or USB ports
- Replacement toner: 96A
- Location: Beside the desk with Lovelace.
- Paper size: A4
- Type: Black and white laser printer
- Static IP address allocated via DHCP: 172.31.24.9
- Status: Working. (any issues contact Sully)
- Duplex (2 sided) printing - Under installable options on your printer configuration set "Duplex Unit (for 2-sided printing)" to "installed"
Driver: HP Laserjet 2200 driver comes with most operating systems. You can use a PCL or Postscript driver.
It's auto discoverable via mDNS from Mac OS, Windows 7, Linux and various other operating systems.
If you need to set it manually the hostname is caxton and the ip address is 172.31.24.9. It supports HP Raw printing, LPD and IPP via ipp://caxton.lan.hack.rs:631/ipp
When setting a printer up manually configure it to connect to a printer over the network to the hostname "caxton" or if necessary the IP address, then if prompted select HP Raw printing, LPD or ipp and then select HP Laserjet 2200 (PCL or Postscript) as the print driver.
HP Laserjet Pro CP1025
- Came from Sol
- uses the ZjStream protocol, drivers were installed from: http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/
- attached to Tesla by USB
- available via CUPS on http://tesla:631/printers/HP_LaserJet_CP1025
Please don't thrown them in the bin, we have now a simple process for this:
- use the already printed postage-paid forms you'll find on the office file shelf, under the sticker called "Recycling forms" (in the main room, on the left of Tesla)
- Use the new toner's box to recycle the old one and stick the postage-paid form on it. Then drop it to the post office
- Alternatively you can print your own forms on HP recycle's site here.
Other printing equipment goes here.http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2455
We also have many thermel recipt printers.
And a WASP WPL305E barcode printer thing.
Note on babbage
The version of ubuntu we run on babbage has a bug that means it dosn't share printers via dns-sd (aka rendevous, bonjour, mdns), see this:
Looks like this works now (?)