|HP Color LaserJet 4700|
|Model||HP Color LaserJet4700|
|Status||Good working order|
|Last updated||31 January 2022 08:51:38|
|Location||Ground floor, main area, beside Tesla|
HP Color Laserjet 4700n
New for 2019: HP Color LaserJet 4700n
The Hackspace's current office / general use printer is a HP Color LaserJet 4700n. It lives next to Tesla on the reception desk. Please treat with care.
- Current IP address for the LaserJet 4700n is: 10.0.70.147
- How to connect: Use IP address.
- Protocol: Select HP JetDirect Socket (if available). This lets you set most if not all of the printer features.
- Other Protocol options (less full featured): AirPrint (for iOS devices) and IPP for everything else. LPD is ancient and best avoided.
Cost per A4 page:
- 5p Mono (Black & white)
- 10p Colour
Pay by putting coins into the kitty / charity chugger menace weapon (gives +3 pester power) hanging next to it.
HP Colour Laserjet 5550N
INFO BELOW IS OUTDATED.
This is a Black and White/Colour printer with its own Jetdirect network card allowing you to print to it over the network. It prints at 28 pages per minute and has separate built-in trays for A4 and A3 paper. It should not be connected to on the parallel or USB ports
- Toner Cartridges: Black (C9730A), Cyan (C9731A), Yellow (C9732A), Magenta (C9733A)
- Fuser Unit: Q3985A
- Image Transfer Unit: C9734B
- Location: Beside the desk with Tesla in the main area.
- Paper sizes: A4 & A3
- Type: Colour laser printer
- Static IP address allocated via DHCP: 172.31.24.45
- Status: Working
Driver: HP Laserjet 5550 driver comes with most operating systems. You can use a PCL or Postscript driver.
It's auto discoverable via mDNS from Mac OS, Windows 7, Linux and various other operating systems.
If you need to set it manually the hostname is hpclj5550 and the ip address is 172.31.24.45. It supports HP Raw printing, LPD and IPP via ipp://hpclj5550.lan.london.hackspace.org.uk:631/ipp
When setting a printer up manually configure it to connect to a printer over the network to the hostname "hpclj5550" or if necessary the IP address, then if prompted select HP Raw printing, LPD or ipp and then select HP Laserjet 5550 (PCL or Postscript) as the print driver.
- As of 27/10/2016 it has a major toner leak on any page it prints out and needs a serious clean. It is however sharp and legible but you get Magenta over the whole page.
The price per page to print with this printer is currently as follows
Please don't thrown them in the bin, we have now a simple process for this:
- use the already printed postage-paid forms you'll find on the office file shelf, under the sticker called "Recycling forms" (in the main room, on the left of Tesla)
- Use the new toner's box to recycle the old one and stick the postage-paid form on it. Then drop it to the post office
- Alternatively you can print your own forms on HP recycle's site here.
We also have many thermal receipt printers.
And a WASP WPL305E barcode printer thing.