Iron has a new tip and hot air is now working. Please do not switch the unit off immediately if you've been using the hot air. Instead switch the heater off and then wait for the pump to stop.
- Make: KADA
- Model: 852D
It appears that Kada don't sell tips, you are supposed to use Hakko tips such as these from eBay
9th May 2011 - Elliot
- The earth lead had become detached from the nozzle. This had been spot welded and could not be soldered (the solder would melt). The nozzle was drilled and riveted instead.
- The element was moved further into the nozzle and secured with the internal plastic spacer (this holds the wire and is not near the element). Consequently the element doesn't arc now.
28th April 2011 - Adrian
- Fitted with a new element but this was shorting and blowing a fuse.
- The seller of the replacement element also sells a complete hot-air handle unit which may be required. However, I don't think it's a straight plug-in on the model we have.
- I later found these two which appear to be the same element at a much lower price.