Group:Not Just Arduino
Hi there, this is wiki for "Not Just Arduino", a user group for people who want to learn, share and experiment on all microcontrollers.
This new name was decided for the group during the 1st event.
Feel free to add all relevant info to this page.
To discuss projects, visit our new mailing list]
- Building an active user group around Arduino and micro-controllers
- Organise workshops and talks where we can all share and learn skills
- Bi-monthly events where we can bring our projects demo them and / or get help
- Next event: Monday 22nd October 7pm
Event format It was suggested at the last event that people (beginners or not) should bring the projects they're working on and we could have something informal around that where people team up, and mentors give feedback. Please contribute to the discussion on this group mailing list if you want to comment on this format.
- Read the report on our 1st Event
Friday 5th October 7PM - 19 participants
Skills that the group has or are happy to share.
|Name||Electronic Skills||Programming Skills||Platform||Prepared to mentor|
|Dean||Basic||Learning Basic's||Arduino||Yes - Set Up in Windows|
|TheHypnotist||Analogue-basic, Digital-medium||C mostly now||os/Linux ARM/Atmega328/MSP430||Yes|
|Ulisses||Basic||Advanced (C like)|
|Shane||Basic||basic C,||Will try|
|Mentar||Analogue-basic, Digital-medium||Arduino, C, C++, S4A||Arduino, AVR, PIC||Yes|
|lbdl||Basic||C, Make||ATMega326 (AVR)||Yes|
|Riccardo||Basic||Arduino, Programming, Basic C,||Arduino||Can try|
|Add Your Details here||??||??||??||??|
|Name||I would like coaching support in||At Level|
|Add Your Details here||??||??|
Training will be determined by the needs of the user group meetings. Members of our group will offer mentoring, though we might find some kind of trade system (skill-share, beers, travel-cost...). We need to be able to provide a mentor during sessions to help those who have difficulty getting off the ground - without tying the mentors up too much. Beginners will help each other and when progress will take over some part of the training.
Each project should be listed here, to source help and document what they have done/learned: if not documented directly it does not exist.
Please list here your projects using micro-controllers here
- Weather Station - to feed into openweather map and cosm (Deanforbes)
- Sousvide Water Bath - Precision water heater using PID controller (Deanforbes)
- Robotic Arm with Kinect 3D "Vision" - Have arduino control a robotic arm and have input from Microsoft Kinect's infrared depth sensor to guide the arm to pick stuff (Ulisses)
- Build a simple ethernet driven relay (2x) - anyone wanting to join in is welcome, we will learn the basics as we go along (Dario)
- With basic electronic-circuit training (printing, etching, soldering), would eventually like to build a Nanode (Dario)
- Object detection - begin with RFID and then go on to explore other options with longer ranges (Kieron)
- Autonomous Rover Project - a robot that can put out a room and plug itself in to a power socket (ambitious)
- I attempted to interface a microcontroller and a timed mains outlet and let out the blue smoke - it's on my User page. User:TheHypnotist
- Build a self-balancing robot example- anyone who wants to join is welcome (Riccardo)
- Using AVR-GCC, Make and AVRDude i.e. progamming Arduino's using C instead of being reliant upon the Arduino IDE.
- Using hardware programmers.
- Graphical Programming for Arduino see "Interesting Links" below
The Hackspace library has some decent Arduino books:
- Arduino Cookbook
- Beginning Arduino - By Hackspace member Mike McRoberts (Earthshine)
- Arduino Playground
- Ladyada Arduino
but please add here suggestions.
Add your links here with a small description.
Alternative platform for Arduino
Graphical Programming for Arduino