Guides/Running a pledge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Before starting a pledge
- Check that there is demand for the item you wish to buy on the mailing list and on IRC.
- Wait a few days - you may find that a member already has a similar item that they'll be willing to donate.
- If you think there is suitable demand then set up a pledge.
Setting up the pledge
- Create a pledge page using this template.
- Add a link to your pledge on the pledges page.
- Notify the mailing list of your pledge, including a link to your pledge page.
Well done - you've reached your target! Soon you can buy things. First you need to get the money together:
- Money should be paid into the same Hackspace account into which members pay their subscriptions. Items will then be purchased from this account.
- Create a short reference for pledgers to use when transferring money. This will be used to correlate bank account credits to their respective pledges. Some examples:
- ROUTER, PCBETCH, LASERCUT
- Mail the list and call in the pledges.
- Be sure to include the reference and mention that money should be paid into the Hackspace account.
- Ask pledgers to mark their pledge as 'PAID' on the wiki page.
- Ask Russ to get the Hackspace wallet out :)