Difference between revisions of "Hackspace Move/Planning/2013-03-25"
|Line 46:||Line 46:|
== Power ==
== Power ==
for . (
will . )
== Workshop ==
== Workshop ==
Revision as of 00:50, 26 March 2013
Infrastructure preparations are in full progress. At the moment we are mostly interested in skilled workers (carpentry, electrics, plumbing; but also drivers with vehicles), don't need many unskilled volunteers.
This will change as we approach the weekend of 13/14 April, which is a likely date for the actual move.
If you are looking for volunteers for tasks that aren't time critical: add a line at Hackspace_Move#Open_Tasks
Lots of stuff was moved, but: people got a little over-excited and didn't always stick to the wiki plan. Some stuff got moved that shouldn't have (e.g. laptops), whereas other things were left behind (e.g. pile of servers/network/comms kit.) And: things were left in random locations and needed to be moved around the next day by Paddy and others.
- it was excellent to have that wiki page as a discussion point _before_ the move, but ideally someone should have accompanied the team and enforced the wiki plan
- and: should always start such actions with a quick briefing to make sure everyone knows what's going on
The old office/counter on the ground floor was demolished. We received a first delivery: plasterboard, rock wool, etc. We're expecting 2x4s on Tuesday so we can build it, delivery time 8-11am.
Paddy, Steve, Chris, Charles etc will start setting up the walls on Tuesday, once everything has been delivered.
(Charles is already asleep, so this is mostly hearsay.)
We've ordered the minimum required kit and it should be delivered on Tuesday.
There was a discussion about indoor filtering vs actual extraction system; I think we're going for the latter. Charles is planning to use PVC piping, "will ground the hell out of it."
The lift is leaking. Tgreer cleaned up the mechanism, took readings, and replaced the bucket; he'll monitor it over the next few days.
It's fine to use for light loads, but DON'T USE THE LIFT FOR PEOPLE. We're not currently insured for this; chasing quotes atm.
- Existing 230V/13A wall sockets should only be used for low-current equipment, not large items. The latter will have a separate supply
- New circuits will be installed with local distribution boxes so that there should never be a need to access the main electrical intake room (which beloings to the landlord, not us)
- If in doubt, talk to User:AlisonW
Using our existing cable tray to provide cable routes, and four new local distribution boxes so each area as control of its own circuits in the event of a problem.
Box A: Power circuits, except overhead lighting, for equipment in general workshop area. Major equipment (eg. lathes) on individual circuits, with mushroom STOP buttons at point nearest central gangway.
Box B: All power, except overhead lighting circuits, which is used in the wood workshop. Individual circuits for major equipment plus one 'general sockets'. As appropriate, mushroom STOP buttons to be installed for dangerous equipment
Box C: All power, except overhead lighting circuits, which is used in the metal workshop. Individual circuits for major equipment plus one 'general sockets'. As appropriate, mushroom STOP buttons to be installed on dangerous equipment.
Box D: All power, except overhead lighting circuits, which is used in the biolab. Individual circuits for major equipment plus one 'general sockets'. Q: *Is* there any 'major equipment? May I have details of requirements asap ;-P
(Image to come, awaiting partion building)
This will be similar to downstairs in terms of getting the power to needed areas; new cable tray along front wall and possibly part-way along centre line, depending upon requirements. Local distribution boxes as appropriate for areas subject to possible 'issues' (I suspect this means electronics lab / soldering area).
The floor has mostly been stripped, we picked out panels we can reuse, the rest is stacked in the car park. There's an ongoing discussion whether we want to paint the cement floor. It may be too expensive, but without doing so there might be a dust issue.
Internet was ordered. The phone Line should go in on Wednesday. We're Getting 80/20 FTTC from Zen with a 1000Gb download limit - As always please use the internet in the space sensibly
We've got 6 802.11n access points on the way and will have a switch + poe injector in place over the next few days.
Doorbot was set up for some key people (infrastructure coordinators, trustees.) If you need access too, just ask. Some more work to do over the next days, including fixing a problem where the door doesn't close.
There will be three emergency exits, one of which serves both ground floor and basement.
We're chasing quotes.
- We're chasing quotes for a skip for the move, current best offer is ~£200.
- There's now a sofa and a few chairs, and a few tables.
- The fire escape downstairs needs to be covered to prevent leakage. The panels have been cut ready
- Charles set up the Makita Mitre chop saw downstairs. Misc other tools have been delivered, Chris/Hipster will bring them to 447 on Tuesday.
- Both floors have been swept but there is a certain amount of rubbish to be removed on the ground floor.
- We have a cricket ground.
- We need teaspoons.