Laboratory 24/Getting There
London Hackspace: Laboratory 24
Units 23 & 24
Cremer Business Centre
37 Cremer Street
London E2 8HD
Access is through the main vehicle gates on Cremer Street opposite the Geffrye Museum. Turn right into the loading bay, go through the door on the right and up to the second floor, then follow the signs for unit 24.
Out of Hours
The gates are sometimes shut with the chain draped over them, and sometimes completely locked at night. If they're locked or you have any problems, ask the security guard who will be in his office next to the gates.
- 149, 67, 242, 243, 394 (alight on Kingsland Road [Hoxton Station (HG)/Spitalfields (HF)], 0.1 miles)
- 26, 48, 55, N26, N55 (alight on Hackney Road [Hoxton Station (KN)/Hoxton Station (KA)], 0.1 miles)
- Old Street (Zone 1, 0.7 miles, Northern Line)
- Liverpool Street (Zone 1; 1.1 miles; Central, Circle, Hammersmith and City, and Metropolitan Lines)
- Aldgate East (Zone 1; 1.2 miles; District, and Hammersmith and City Lines)
- Hoxton (Zone 1/2, 0.1 miles, East London Line (London Overground))
- Old Street (0.7 miles, Northern City Line)
- Cambridge Heath (0.8 miles; Lea Valley, West Anglia Main Lines)
When travelling from London Bridge or Waterloo, take the Jubilee to Canada Water. You'll want to sit near the back of the train.
The space is outside of the congestion charge zone.
We have four spaces for cars (36 and 37). You must park in the correct spaces, and display one of our four permits in your windscreen (copies not acceptable). Parking permits live on the noticeboard next to the front door; if you use a permit, please replace it with a post-it with your name and car registration, and remember to return it when you leave.
(Note that although there's a sign in the car park saying Unit 24, the parking permits themselves are for bays numbered 36 and 37)
There is local on-street parking in the immediate area but a controlled parking zone (Zone F - Business) (map) operates Monday-Friday 7:30-18:30 and Saturday 7:30-13:30. However, it should be possible to use these bays outside of this time. Please check before you park.
There are loading bays near the lifts which can be used for up to 30 minutes.
There are a few places to store bikes:
- Cycle rack in the car park (use a good lock, not recommended at night as we have had theft attempts)
- On the main balcony in front of the space (you need a sizeable lock to lock around the railings)
- On the secure fire escape balcony behind the space. Carry your bike through the space to avoid getting the carpet dirty.
Please don't keep your bike in the space (unless you're working on it).
There are two Barclays Cycle Hire stations nearby:
- Opposite Hackney Community College, Falkirk Street.
- Shoreditch High Street, near the church.
There is limited parking for motorcycles. Do not park in one of the bays as you risk getting clamped. Park in the space behind the skip in the center of the car park only.
Motorcycles can park for free in Hackney's permit bays.
By Pirate Ship
If your ship is capable of navigating Regents Canal, it's about 0.5miles/10min walk from Kinglands Road Bridge. Otherwise you are best off leaving your boat on the Thames or in the many docks around Canary Wharf and Limehouse areas. The East End of London does have a reputation so have some shipmates guard it whilst you are away, or get a couple of good locks.