MIG Welding Training
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Training for the mig welder
Don't create training sessions yourself, they are announced on the mailing list when posted.
Signup for training sessions here.
Training will include;
- Identify the correct type of gas used for the welding approach you wish to use and know why that gas should be used.
- Identify which metals are safe to weld and which are hazardous to yourself and others
- Know how you may be electrocuted and how you may electrocute others
- What you need to know about pacemakers
- Fit/Change and remove gas cylinders
- Fit/Change MIG wire and get it through the hose to the torch
- Fit/Change/Clean appropriate sized tips
- Adjust the welding power, wire speed and gas flow to conditions suitable for the metal and thickness of joint you wish to weld
- Use safety equipment and fire extinguishers
- And finally - weld bits of metal together!
09.00 Friday 8th September
- Insert NAME + Hackspace member no
- 2 Shaun Meehan (HS02208) (own mask)
- 3 Arshan (SLMS)
09.00 Friday 1st September
- 1 Billy Smith HS00115
- 2 Raffe Burrell HS10145