London Hackspace news for 7th - 13th April 2011.
General space news
- Russ has posted an updated on the hackspace finances: we now have a monthly subscriptions surplus. Total revenue for the last month was £6,192.63. 
- Work has started on the new kitchen. 
- As we are now in a good state financially, purchasing of consumables and small equipment has resumed. Please add items to the components page. 
- There is ongoing discussion about having a BBQ somewhere near to the hackspace. A Doodle poll has been created for it. 
- This Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th, the hackerspace challenge team will be holding a hack weekend to work on their project.
- Next Wednesday 20th there will be a cancer biology workshop and the weekly catch-up of the biohacking group.
- The One Click Orgs project are holding a small hack evening next Thursday 21st. They have recently launched version 1.0 of their platform and are currently working on a version for use by the hackspace.
- Billy has recovered an old 3D-printer and is currently working on bringing it online. 
Recently added projects:
- Please can members update their items in the SwapShop so that it can become more useful and also please date when you add something.
New items this week:
- Sabre s2045 Petrol strimmer motor (Flux)
- Front steering rack from child's ride-on electric car and rear axle (Flux)
- 2.5Kg "Kontrol" moisture control crystals (Flux)
- Stout insulated box with tap (Flux)
- Various ~26" bicycle wheels (Flux)
- Partial 1000ft Cat 5e reel (Flux)
- Parvalux 240v mains motor with right-angle reduction gearbox (Flux)