General space news
- It's important to let the list know if you use any of the provided first aid. This of course applies to anything that can be used up, including sundries and components.
- Good wood is now stored in its own wooden box. Please help keep the wood store tidy by putting other stuff back behind the guard rail.
- There seems to be a genuine attempt to start a Hackspace in Brixton. They're currently meeting at the Dogstar.
- Nottinghack shared their Hackspace Manual - anyone feel like making our own?
Don't forget to check last week's news catchup if you haven't already. We've also switched to using the "new Google Groups" links this time - please shout if you see any problems.
- We might have another Stratasys on its way from Loughborough Uni. If we can't keep it, Nottinghack will probably want it.
- Glen bought and fitted a replacement pump and digital temperature display for the laser cutter, and Tim, Gavin and Jose built an analogue alarm.
- Billy and Abby are looking at fixing the quirks with the smaller lathe by machining a part on the larger lathe.
A few people are maintaining a list of interesting events not at the hackspace, mostly in London. Feel free to add anything people might like to go to.
- Central St Martins MA Graduate Exhibition
- The Blob (1958) on the Big Screen so bad it's good? You decide, Tuesday 6th
- Upgrading the tube the technology and benefit of modern trains and signalling systems and other improvements. Wednesday 7th
- After their first meet-up, the soft-circuits-and-wearable-tech group have decided to merge with the london-threads-space list for discussions. They'll be holding a project day on 10th December at the C4CC.
- Music Hack Space have blocked out the quiet room for the second Sunday of each month. They also helped run the Hardware Hacking room for Music Hack Day.
Recently added projects:
- Please can members update their items in the SwapShop so that it can become more useful and also please date when you add something.
New items this week:
- No new items this week.