General space news
- Roshan asked for advice on setting up a space in Kolkata
- Ciaran nicely summarised all the pledges
- We may have a plumber for the kitchen. Anyone know any electricians?
- Jacob ordered some new drill bits
- Sci has loaned a metal folder and has brought the part for the vacuum pump to the space
- Bob from 2600 donated a load of electronics and security stuff
- The Rage pledge has been completed and bought
- Billy was concerned that the laser cutter moves when the lid is up - this is perfectly normal, as long as it doesn't cut!
- The cutter does seem to have some issues with wobbles
- Sol replaced Coolbot with an arduino and Ethernet shield
- Will sorted through the existing desktops and attempted to combine them
- Steff offered a replacement for Babbage
- The Christmas buffet is tomorrow
- The last pubspace of the year is on Thursday 22nd December at the Southampton Arms
- Sue Black is visiting to discuss the Goto Foundation on 10th January
- The next Reverse Engineering day is on 21st January
- Christmas is on 25th December. The space isn't closing, but you may not be able to get access without a card.
A few people are maintaining a list of interesting events not at the hackspace, mostly in London. Feel free to add anything people might like to go to.
Please add a project page for anything here that doesn't have one
- Nanode has won the vote for Best Internet of Things award
Recently added projects:
- Naxxfish is planning to set up a PBX
- Akki offered some sessions on developing B&W film
- Yuan has made an order for a batch of low-cost relay boards
- Abby wants to build a pulsejet
- Please can members update their items in the SwapShop so that it can become more useful and also please date when you add something.
New items this week:
- No new items this week.
TimS found a USB stick