Difference between revisions of "Project:OccupyWireless"
|Line 43:||Line 43:|
=Notes / Observations=
=Notes / Observations=
Connected Via Ethernet
Revision as of 18:58, 3 February 2012
Black 'Something' Boxes
12v DC, centre positive
- Attached are the Bdi configuration files and Hotspot firmware for our M3 platforms.
- Please follow the Bdi3000 user manual to set up the Bdi3000 IP, TFTP server (either Windows or Linux), and download/upload folder.
- Follow the user manual to configure your BDI3000 programmer.
- Create a "bdi" folder/directory in the TFTP folder and save attached files under the "bdi" folder.
- Open /ceedtec_ppc26.cfg with a text editor.
- Go to line 70 and modify the [HOST] IP to your TFTP server IP:
IP 192.168.0.200 FILE /umbra/ppcboot FORMAT BIN LOAD MANUAL ;load code MANUAL or AUTO after reset DEBUGPORT 2001
- Save it and restart/re-power your BDI.
- Connect Bdi to M3 J4 connector.
- To verify, Telnet to the BDI and try to perform some simple memory/flash reads at addresses 0xFFF00000, 0xFF810000, 0xFF940000, etc.
The range of the flash is 0xFF800000 ~ 0xFFFFFFFF (8MB). The memory is from 0x0 to 0x02000000 (32MB).
- Create a new folder in TFTP root and save the attached "ppcboot", "ramdisk", and "zImage".
ppcboot -> Bootloader @ flash address 0xFFF0 0000 zImage -> Kernel Image @ flash address 0xFF81 0000 ramdisk -> Root filesystem @ flash address 0xFF94 0000
- Program and flash the images. Please use the attached /Bdi-flash-program-M3-readme.txt as a reference to program/flash the images.
- Once you're done flashing, remove BDI cable and power cycle the PCBA. You can connect to the unit via either an RJ45 cross over cable or wireless (default SSID is "Hotspot").
- By default, the firmware was designed to use 3G/HSDPA as WAN. But it can easily be configured to use DHCP (either Dynamic or Static IP) through the built-in Web Management GUI. The username and password are admin/admin.
Notes / Observations
- 5v, centre positive
- Connected Via Ethernet
- DHCP will give an address x.x.x.x
- IP Address of router should be x.x.x.1 or x.x.x.254
Ceedtek UMBRA721-MAIN REV4B
- serial port
- JTAG (might be able to use buspirate)
- MIPS or ARM (not an atom)
- NXP ISP 1564HL
- Similar Product (probably same tech tree / family) http://www.ceedtec.com/upload_files/15/dukungbrochurev0.4.pdf
Ct-730 Wimax-Wifi Wireless Router CEEDTec's CT-730 is a true WiMAX-WiFi (WiWi) wireless access router. It supports both the wireless WiFi 802.11b/g and Ethernet 10/100Mbps interfaces. Our CT-730 offers instantaneous multi-user Internet access over a WiFi connection. Being a true wireless solution, fixed telephone line or DSL cable connection is NOT needed. It is designed with ease of use in mind. As a true plug and play wireless network solution - users only need to power it up (*authentication mode dependent) to create an instant internet hotspot or home wireless network. Our CT-730 also offers a simple and intuitive web based configuration interface.
CEED Tec mPCI-mPCIe-M1-EB miniPCI to miniPCIexpress interface board with SIM for UMTS-modules CEED Tec USB-mPCIe-M1-EB USB to miniPCIexpress cradle with SIM for UMTS modules CEED Tec USB-mPCIe-M2-EB USB to miniPCIexpress cradle with SIM for UMTS modules - model 2