The Hackspace Foundation's ultimate governance lies with the Board of Directors. These are elected regularly, with the longest-serving third of the Board required to stand for re-election every year.
- Jonty Wareing (jontyw), appointed 2009-02-02
- Russ Garrett (russss), re-appointed 2010-07-27
- Charles Yarnold (solexious), appointed 2010-07-27
- Robert Leverington (roberthl), appointed 2010-07-27
- Andy "Bob" Brockhurst (b3cft), appointed 2010-07-27
- Alex Smith (Alex), appointed 2010-07-27
All UK companies must have have a board of directors, but directorship of the Hackspace Foundation is primarily a symbolic role. We want directors to simply make sure that the company is doing what its members want.
However, there are a couple of cases where directors are personally liable for the company's actions or debts. The most relevant cases are:
- Trading while insolvent: if the company takes credit while unable to pay its existing creditors.
- Trading outside of the objects of the company: if the company trades outside its objects, as specified in the constitution ("To promote and support science, engineering, and art.")
- Liability for injury to members/public due to the company neglecting its duty of care.