See the calendar for details of activities at the Hackspace and events primarily aimed at LHS members.
This page is for other events, elsewhere, that may be of interest. Feel free to add more events, though the number of people who find out about events from this page is approximately zero.
- 1 Upcoming
- 2 Recurring
- 3 Visited / Past Events
See Ian Visits for other London events of a intellectual but somewhat less geeky nature. Also Lanyard, meetup.com etc.
- Retrotech UK 220 stalls of dealers, clubs and private sellers offering vintage items, including radio, televisions, hi-fi and audio, records (LP's, 45's, 78's), gramophones, telephones, communications equipment, spares, early video games, early computing, small appliances, indeed anything techy from the early 20th century right up to the millennium and beyond. Warwickshire
- Reading Radio Rally 11th July 2021, depending on covid restrictions.
- Henham Steam rally 28th and 19th of September 2021
The next in a series of camping events that happen every four years. Five days in a field. A huge campground in the Dutch countryside, same place as SHA2017. 360 Euros per ticket, ouch. The number of tickets available may be 3500, down from 5000 last time. The organisers promise a refund if the event is cancelled. 55KM from Amsterdam. August 6-10, 2021Cancelled
- Bornhack Geeks go camping on an island off the coast of Denmark. 19th August 2021
Non-geographic / virtual / broadcast
- DEFCON2021 is planned to have a large online element to it this year. They expect very few international visitors this year. Please add a link to tickets here when the sale is announced.
-  London Linux meetup
- "Novelty Automation": "The London arcade of home-made coin operated machines built by enthusiasts", WC1R 4AX.
- Create Space Open Night, Most tuesdays, Wembley, NW London.
- South London Makerspace has regular events.
- Internet of things London Speakers, people, drinking. Connect everything to the internet. Usually more people want tickets than there is room for.http://fuckupnights.com/london/
- Crystal Palace Radio & Electronics Club 1st Friday of each month, 8pm.
- mySociety Civic Hack Evening. Wednesdays 6-9pm at MozillaSpace.
- RiscOS User Group.
- RestartParty Fixing Stuff.
- geekpub Geeks in a pub
- Dorkbot London: "people doing strange things with electricity"
- Science in the pub Roughly monthly, a talk on something sciency followed by drinking.
- Skeptics in the pub three different groups of them in London apparently, Hackney, Westminster and Camden.
- MathsJam is a monthly opportunity for like-minded self-confessed maths enthusiasts to get together in a pub and share stuff they like. Mathjam London
- http://www.gllug.org.uk Greater London Unix User Group.
- Hampstead Scientific Society has talks on a wide variety of subjects
- IET london Regular possibly interesting talks.
- Open Wireless Network Wednesdays.
- http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/User+Group+losug/ London Open Solaris User Group
- http://london2600.org.uk/ Telecomms, security and more...
- http://oshug.org/ Open Source Hardware User Group
- http://www.amiganorththames.co.uk/ Amiga North Thames User Group
- http://www.nintendisco.com/ A retro gaming night
- hacks/hackers Hacks & Hackers.
- http://eventhandler.co.uk/ Various geek events.
- Tour of Whitechapel bell foundry (Britain's oldest manufacturing company) - needs about 4-6 months notice and a fixed number of people (20)
- http://www.cultureseekers.org/ Walks, history tours and stuff around London
- http://www.kensevents.co.uk/ London dinners, walks and days out organized by Ken.
- London amateur brewers meetup
- The institute of Physics hold a few talks each month, some interesting, usually open to the public.
- Tales of adventure Monthlyish London. Explorers and adventurers telling their stories.
- London model engineering show Loads of great tool stalls from screwdrivers to CNC mills. Jet engine builders association. Model trains are only a small part of it.
- the wild rumpus indie videogaming, London events about once a year, check for a September event.
- London ruby user group second monday of the month
- list of conferences with open calls for participation
- London webstandards monthly
- Raspberry pint People who like the raspberry pi mini computer talk to each other, watch of few presentions on whatever projects people bring along and have a few drinks. There are usually a couple of pi controlled bigtracks with robot arms grafted on the top. Miller pub near London bridge unless it moves again
- Quekett Microscopical Club Lectures about microscopy and microscopic things at the Royal College of Surgeons, the Natural History Museum, and other locations.
- fuckupnights People tell storys of failed businesses and projects. Sells out rapidly
- Maker Faire
- Various things at the Lighthouse in Brighton
- RSGB amateur radio rally listing. Usually lots of cheap electronic components and interesting junk.
- British Vintage Wireless Society events diary
- DDRC Bootsale One of the biggest and best radio rallies in the UK, anually in May.
- http://plumbercon.org/ (Vienna)
- http://eth-0.nl/ (The Netherlands)
- http://events.ccc.de/congress/ and CCC Camp (Germany)
- http://www.fosdem.org/ (Belgium)
Non-geographic / virtual / broadcast
- World Amateur Radio Day - 18th April
Visited / Past Events
- * Winter Lights festival performance weekend. Featuring "Hackspace Cubed" by members of Leeds Hackspace. 4-8pm Canary Wharf, 9th-11th January.
- South London Makerspace Open Evening 7th January, 19:30, Arch 1129, 41 Norwood Road, SE24 9AJ.
- Dorkbot #86
- The Logan Symposium Anti-Secrecy, Surveillance and Censorship Event at the Barbican. December 5-6th.
- London CryptoFestival @Goldsmiths, Saturday, 30 November, 11-16:00.
- Dorkbot London #84 23rd of October at Stream Arts.
- Techno Activism 3rd Monday Monday 16th September 19-22:00.
- Elephant and Castle Mini Maker Faire 6th July at LCC.
- HowDo Fix-it evening. Thursday 4th July, 19-22:00, EC1Y.
- Folklore of Network Protocols talk by Radia Perlman, 15 January 4pm, UCL. video online here
- restart parties
- Machinesroom public launch thursday evening 19th of june , see their twitter, Lime Wharf on Regents Canal, north London.
- Institute of making public open day saturday afternoon 21june
- Summer solstice early morning bike ride through London Being in a group of 100+ cyclists makes riding in central London much less scary.
- Restart party wednesday 25th of june at South London Makerspace. People bring broken stufff and get help fixing it. Lots of people came to the last one. Also one in Hackney on the 28th.
- Raspberry pint, tuesday 24th of June, usually a few people give short talks about their raspberry pi based projects.
- Architecture festival All june, various events
- Music tech fest 5-7 September 2014 in London, add details when known
- Electro Magnetic Field: A UK Hacker Camp 31st August to the 2nd September.
- Hovershow 2012 April 28-29, Lee-on-the-Solent, outside Portsmouth video
- Mini Maker faire Derby maker fair
- Programming and sausages probably 18th of Sept
- Hackference 19th of September in Birmingham
- Steelcon security conference, booze is cheap in sheffield, the money behind the bar lasts all night.
- OHM July 31st – August 4th 2013. Geestmerambacht, The Netherlands. The next in a series of camps that have been happening every four years since 1989.
- Makerfaire Paris 21/22 June
- The 2nd workshop on Functional Programming in Art, Music, Modeling and Design 6th of september in Sweden
Non-geographic / virtual / broadcast
- Free online CS courses Free online computer science course from Stanford university starting January
- Nate Silver talking at the RSA is full but you can listen to the live stream.