Pledge: Laser cutter
We are looking at getting a second hand laser cutter
The secondhand cutter that were were bidding on was sadly not won.
Focus will now be moved to getting the remaining cash to buy a new unit - unless a better option is found around the same price point. Among the benefits of buying this unit new is the 12 month warranty, and as shown in the auction, even broken units still fetch a large portion of their initial cost.
As we're in no great rush to buy a cutter - excitement aside - we should agree on a specification for the laser cutter and gather together information on potential cutter models and suppliers.
- Cutting area: ?mm x ?mm
- Lazor power: ?W
- Material capability: Skin 4mm, Wood 5mm.
- Warranty: Yes/No
Potential laser cutters
- The exact same HPC laser model [no it's not, much smaller: engraving area 210 X 205mm], without the branding, from china. Apparently they sometimes need realigning, but are otherwise just as good.
- Andy Slater has some interesting information on buying from China, and setting up and modifying this class of machines.
- Another persons set-up/modifications for this type of machine purchased direct from China.
The cost new is £2300
Pledges for the cutter
Please reconfirm your pledge by updating your time stamp, or removing your name
- £100 --Solexious 22:50, 15 July 2010 (UTC)
- £100 --b3cft 14:48, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- £100 --Teabot 14:47, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- £100 --Harry 14:52, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- £100 --Artag 14:55, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- £100 --MattP 14:57, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- £100 --Jonty 15:00, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- £50 --theSecondMouse 15:04, 14 July 2010 (UTC) & Driving to collect
- £100 --Russ 15:07, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- £100 --Meurig 15:17, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- £100 --Nigle 15:42, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- £100 -- BOfH 15th July 14:39
- £100 --dsikar 16:59, 15 July 2010 (UTC)
Running total: £1250