Pledge: Shapeoko 2 - desktop CNC full kit
We are looking at purchasing a Shapeoko v2 for the space from MakerSlide. Pledge opened: 26 October 2013
Pledge leader: Antaeus?
The Shapeoko 2 is a simple, low cost, open source CNC milling machine kits that can be built over a weekend. This is version 2 of the fastest selling CNC machine in the history of the world. There is also further information about the machine, kits, kit contents and other things on this Inventables blog post. The machine as a whole is accurate but needs a good motor/chuck for the flexibility of what cutters can be used.
See this thread on London Hackspace mailing list.
- A decent spindle motor and chucks, e.g. Dewalt DW660
- Drilling/cutting/grinding bits
- Dust extraction, £43 example
- Mech kit etc. from a RepRap supplier on ebay
- MakerSlide, currently have none in stock
Rough budget estimation
- eShapeoko 2 - £250 + delivery
- Dewalt DW660 - £114 + delivery
- Drilling/cutting/grinding bits - £50 + delivery
- First4Spares Debris Collector & Vacuum Cleaner Blower For Ash Collection - £42-99 + delivery
Total approximately £475 including delivery
- £10 - Rob Kam
- £20 - Renato Lopes
- £20 - Dave Mansfield
- £20 - Colin Cooper
- £20 - Dean Forbes
- £20 - Chris Wilkinson
- £100 - Saif Bunni ...[AW]'What a Legend!'
- £20 - Antaeus Wheatley
- £20 - Tom Hodder
- £25 - Brendan Sleight
Running total: £275
Approximate target: £475