Pledge: Shapeoko 2 - desktop CNC full kit
We are looking at purchasing a Shapeoko v2 for the space from MakerSlide. Pledge opened: 26 October 2013
Pledge leader: Antaeus?
The Shapeoko 2 is a simple, low cost, open source CNC milling machine kits that can be built over a weekend. This is version 2 of the fastest selling CNC machine in the history of the world. There is also further information about the machine, kits, kit contents and other things on this Inventables blog post. The machine as a whole is accurate but needs a good motor/chuck for the flexibility of what cutters can be used.
See this thread on London Hackspace mailing list.
- A decent spindle motor and chucks, e.g. Dewalt DW660
- Drilling/cutting/grinding bits
- Dust extraction, £43 example
- Mech kit etc. from a RepRap supplier on ebay
- MakerSlide, currently have the kits without MakerSlide (the aluminum extrusion for the wheels to roll on). Nigel Worsley has offered to donate some.
Rough budget estimation
- eShapeoko 2 - £250 + delivery
- Dewalt DW660 - £114 + delivery
- Drilling/cutting/grinding bits - £50 + delivery
- First4Spares Debris Collector & Vacuum Cleaner Blower For Ash Collection - £42-99 + delivery
Total approximately £475 including delivery
- £20 - Ian Henderson confirmed 20140207
- £10 - Rob Kam confirmed 20140207
- £20 - Dave Mansfield confirmed 20140207
- £20 - Colin Cooper confirmed 20140207
- £20 - Renato Lopes
- £20 - Dean Forbes confirmed 20140208
- £20 - Chris Wilkinson
- £100 - Saif Bunni ...[AW]'What a Legend!'
- £20 - Antaeus Wheatley
- £20 - Tom Hodder
- £25 - Brendan Sleight confirmed 20140208
- £20 - David Walters
- £20 - Adrian Godwin
- £10 - Alex Beckett confirmed 20140208
Running total: £345
Running total confirmed: £100
Approximate target: £475