Pledge: Welding Equipment
Quite a few people think it would be handy to join more heavy weight bits of metal than you can manage with a soldering iron or brazing torch.
* A small MIG welder * Personal Protective equipment (At least 1 mask, apron, gloves) * Additional stocks of wire & gas for welding with.
The PPE is likely to set us back as much as a small welder initially, but it's entirely reuseable if/when we get a larger welder, and entirely essential. (Setting yourself on fire is not amusing - I speak from experience here)
I think we also need a ceiling-mounted welding curtain to protect other peoples' eyes - these seem to be about £50-60. We'd probably want to curtain off the far corner in the dirty shop. Russ 10:29, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
We also need some additional tools and an angle grinder, but I have this equipment (on loan somewhere else that I'll try and retrieve back in the next week or two t0m
I can supply about £100 worth of accessories and consumables that I have lying around - reels of wire, regulator, disposable gas bottles, clamps, tips, leather gauntlets etc. - does this mean we have enough pledged or weren't they costed in! --Nigle 16:12, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
- Not sure what welder was targeted but these are 250-300 for anything above the really minimal. It's hardly ever worth buying at the bottom of the range .. though an offer at Lidl, Aldi, Costco etc. might be worth looking out for if this welder is only a stepping stone to an industrial one.
- £50 --t0m 09:27, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
- £20 --Russ 10:29, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
- £20 --Harry 10:39, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
- £20 --Jonty 10:51, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
- £100 -- Steff 09:57, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
- £20 --Solexious 23:23, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
- £20 --Teabot 17:06, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
Running total: £250
Approximate target: £250