We hold pledge drives for the purchase of items for the space that cannot feasibly be bought using Hackspace funds, or are desired by a minority of members.
You may pledge whatever you can afford and should expect to have a say on the product selection and purchase. Ultimately, however, pledges are in most cases a targeted donation: the purchased object is then owned by the whole hackspace rather than the group of members who paid for it, and they receive no permanent privileges unless otherwise agreed.
Once you have paid your pledge, please mark your pledge entry as paid.
If you want to start a pledge then use this handy guide.
See a list of all pledge pages.
The hackspace bank details can be found here.
Closed pledge drives (awaiting payment)
- Purchase of (initially) a MIG welder and PPE for the space.
- Purchase of a Laser cutter for the space.
- Laser Cutter Tube
- Knitting Machine
- Compound Mitre Saw
- Simple bike stand for repairing your bicycle
Current pledge drives
- Dry ice maker
- Tools for the new 3-in-1
- CNC conversion of the mill in the space.
- New Bandsaw to replace the current one which is faulty.
- Bike chain for outside
- Plan chest
- Digital Audio Workstation
- Sanguinololu - For the Equipment:Makerbot
- Cutting table for cutting fabric and blocking knitting
- Machine for making awesome reality
- vacuum gauge