Project:100 Paper Cuts
There are many small and little things that need doing, that we could all do, which would go a long way to help make the space a nicer place. We are going to call these things papercut's. We aim to list these papercut's so users of the space can identify and maybe eradicate them.
What will doing a Papercut achieve
These are the sort of papercuts we're after:
- Improves the general usability of the space
- Asked repeatedly by newcomers
- Makes it a nicer place
What is a Papercut
If you add a papercut it must meet these critera
- Easily identifiable job that takes no more than 5-30 minutes by atleast one person (more the merrier)
- Obvious how to achieve the task, or clear instructions provided in a separate wiki page.
- Will not negatively affect anything else
Feel free to add suggested solutions, but please add a date to any suggestions so we don't get knee-jerk fixes. If suggested solutions are complex, please create a wiki page under your username and link it. If you've already fixed something, put it in <s>
- Recycling: relabel the bins to make it clear that we can't actually do recycling ms7821 21:10, 26 August 2011 (UTC)
- Put the bucket bass high horizontally on the wall in the social area using some hooks it can rest on amx109 21:10, 26 August 2011 (UTC)
- gets it out of the way but keeps it accessible. should be easy enough to put up, and get down.
- Mount a used laser tube above doorway to the 'main' room. It looks pretty. amx109 21:10, 26 August 2011 (UTC)
- Add secondary shelf to the quiet room to provide additional storage space - the wood is already in the room under the desks. Just needs mounting. See Phil/cepmender for info amx109 21:10, 26 August 2011 (UTC)
- The desks in the quiet room get moved around, this may not be the most appropriate place for storage. Robert 21:16, 26 August 2011 (UTC)
Move coat hooks from main social area into the far rear+left toilet
- Make the wiring to the board more robust, perhaps mount electronics on a nice lasercut plaque similar to the power use display.Every time the wiring gets knocked the board throws a hissy fit and has to be reset.
- Simply clean your desk after you've used it. Wipe up any coffee stains, etc.