Difference between revisions of "Project:Box identification"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== Brief ==
== Brief ==
Revision as of 11:34, 13 February 2012
There are a few very minor issues with the Member's Storage Boxes. Firstly, it's not easy to describe the location of a box to another member. Secondly, it's not easy to tell if a box on the shelf is owned by an active member.
- Label each bay of the storage shelves with location indicators.
- Label each member's box with a QR code representing its ID which can then used to query information about its owner. The QR code is just for convenience so the label should also include a human readable version of the query.
- Create an interface to allow members to maintain the location and ownership of their box(es).
- Create an interface for members to represent and share information about the location of their box.
- Create an interface for searching the name/nickname of a member to get the location of their box.
- Identify a box - Lookup a QR code or ID that's on a box and get told who owns it (if anyone).
- Label a group of new boxes - For a given number, create new box instances in the database and output a batch of QR codes.
- Relabel a group of existing boxes - For a given range of IDs, output a batch of corresponding QR codes.
- Lookup the location of a member's box using their nickname.
- Lookup the location of a member's box using their name.
- Express the location of a member box - A link that will provide a visual representation of where a box is.
- Take ownership of a labelled box.
- Take ownership of a previously unlabelled box.
- Renounce ownership of a box.
- Allow a member to set the location of their box.
- Current code progress can be found at https://github.com/montyphy/hackspace-foundation-sites/tree/members_storage
- Shelf locations will have the format /s\d\db\d\d/ e.g. s01b10. With the first segment (/s\d\d/) representing the shelving unit and the second segment (/b\d\d\/) representing the bay on that particular unit.
- Shelf bays will have to be labelled sequentially bottom to top to account for when people double stack the top bays.
- A location indicator can be generated by visiting /members/storage_image.php and attaching a box location with '?loc=' e.g. /members/storage_image.php?loc=s10b04 will create:
- A box identification label can be generated by visiting /members/storage_image.php and attaching a box id with '?box_id=' e.g. /members/storage_image.php?box_id=1 will create:
- Started creating the member maintenance interface.