| Inventory system
We'd like to have an inventory system for cataloguing the space's equipment and supplies.
For now we're going to see how the Inventory page evolves, and then look in to what enhancements we need to make - if any.
Here are some ideas I've had for the project, would appreciate comments. --Robert 13:33, 8 August 2010 (UTC)
The key point of any inventory application would be to provide an efficient workflow that makes the system highly usable, otherwise it will not be used and be little improvement over any existing system.
- The application is centred around one list that contains all equipment, components, etc.
- The list is composed of items.
- All items have one category.
- For example
- Each item has properties common to all item types, and ones unique to its category.
- For example (common)
- Wiki page
- Date acquired
- Identification description
- For example (unique to "Components"):
- Reorder URL
- Reorder Price
- Items can be placed in to one or more queues, and can appear in queues multiple times (providing there is only one unresolved occurrence), to be processed at a later point.
- For example
- Stock check
- Queue items
- Linked to a regular item (extension of), but with the additional properties "Resolution" and "Resolution date" and attached to a queue.
- All changes appear in a log with a change description, previous value, new value, user, and time.