Project maintained by teabot, contact via IRC
A Java API for controlling Rako home lighting systems.
Initial project goals are to allow the setting of room scenes from a Java based API via the Rako Ethernet bridge. If this is successful the plan is to also implement features necessary to configure/program Rako devices in a similar manner to RakoSoft.
- 500w dimmer
- 7 button control panel
- Rako Ethernet bridge
- iPhone with Rako app
- Construct a minimal Rako system with one channel and an Ethernet bridge [Complete]
- Contact Rako to see if they have an API available. [Complete]
- Was sent a simple API for URL and UDP based selection of scenes.
- Obtain connectivity between the bridge and the iPhone app and/or RakoSoft on a network that allows snooping [Complete]
- I connected a wireless access point, the Rako Ethernet bridge, and a MacBook to a 10baseT hub. This allowed monitoring of the UDP commands sent from the iPhone app.
- Monitor traffic between iPhone app/RakoSoft/Bridge Web UI to determine a suitable candidate for reverse engineering
- Create some simple tests that deliver observed packets to the bridge [In progress]
- Reverse enginner protocol
- Implement the protocol with Java :-)