- Ring - Complete
- Battery pack - Complete
- Hotshoe mount - In progress...
Make a light ring that would mount on a Nikon D80 equipped with a lens capable of wearing a HB-32 hood.
36 white LEDs mounted on a ring of acrylic that would wedge onto the HB-32 hood (which has a mid-point diameter of ~80mm). The power source (4xAA batteries) would mount onto the Nikon D80's hot shoe mount along with brightness and off/on controls.
- A3 5mm acrylic = £5.40
- 5mm white LED (30,000mcd) (£0.64) x 36 = £23.04
- SPST rocker switch (£0.41) x 1 = £0.41
- AA battery holder (£0.14) x 2 = £0.28
- 10K potentiometer (£0.57) x 1 = £0.57
Total = £29.70