Project:Maker Faire Newcastle 2011
Maker Faire UK 2011 is on the 12th and 13th of March 2011 in Newcastle.
We'll be heading up on the Friday night and going on a Hackspace pub crawl with all the other Hackspaces.
- JimM - Saying in the Swallow Hotel (since it had parking)
Bob/b3cftCannot make it :'(
- Solexious While I can't drive I would love to be on the team taking the hack van up
- Nigle Staying at the Clifton House Hotel, room in car for gear/people
- Spike - Staying in Jurys Inn which claims to be "2 mins walk from central station" but does not have private parking :-(.
What are we doing?
We will be running the hack area, where everyone can sit and tinker/hack. We shall have to take tools & equipment for people to use.
Some members have applied to individually present:
- The Battenberg (An autonomous airship) - Russ/Jonty
- A steam-powered turing machine - JimM (sadly, unlikely to be actually steam-powered unless the venue permits it)
Train is the quickest way, from King's Cross straight to Newcastle. Some of us may be bringing more equipment, so may need to hire a van or car.