Reverse Engineering Laser Software
The laser software is bad, we need to know about the file that is created by it so we can create our own in some fashion. Also if it does anything fancy when it downloads itself via USB.
The software is available here. Please scan this with antivirus software before use.
There is a special patched version that cannot currently (but hopefully one day) will be useful for exploring .mol files on babbage in EB4890's folder.
- Note that this says there's software bounds protection with firmware versions 126.96.36.199 or above (once origin is set)
Firmware for MPC6515 controller (and LaserCut software again)
Initial Analysis of .mol file
Looking at /Solexious/MarioBoxes/MINIMARIO.MOL
No ascii strings (looking using strings) Does not appear to be compressed (too many zeroes)
- 0x000 : Header
- 0x200 : One set of information What?
- 0x400 : Another set of information.
- 0xa10 : Likely co-ordinate data. Quite repetitive. Analysis document was mario boxes, with many repetitions of sub boxes, so that makes sense. It looks like possible 16bit number co-oords as the numbers range from a few thousands to hundreds. 32bits are in unrealistic ranges (huge in negative ranges).
Create simple .mol files with slight changes in
- One co-ordinate of a point
- The colour of one line
- The speed of one colour
- The power of one colour
And find diffs.