Difference between revisions of "Project:The Augmented Bass"
Latest revision as of 15:29, 3 June 2013
The idea is to augment a bass guitar to
- extend the range of sounds it can make
- control realtime effects with it.
Goal 1: Drum triggering
Triggering drum sounds while playing. For example, having low-pitched notes trigger kick-drum sounds and high pitched ones trigger snare-drum sounds.
Goal 2: Control via inclination
Making the neck's inclination control an effect. For example, tilting it up increases a reverb's room size.
- A cheap Cort bass, doesn't sound too good but looks pretty.
- Contact microphones.
Interested parties (add yourself)
- Bass and contact microphones brought to Hackspace.
- Affixed contact microphones to bucket bass (thanks Billy!)
- Affixed contact microphones to electric bass
- Experimented with different microphone locations
- Experimented with different modulations (wah-wah, band pass with very high Q, different reverbs)