Redsands Sea Fort Visit
The Redsands Sea Forts are WWII relics located in the Thames Estuary. They've recently been opened up for visitors.
We want to visit them. They are awesome.
Tom Scott is tentatively planning a trip for a Sunday in June.
Whitstable, in Kent, a two-hour train ride away. Carpooling may be an option, but given the delays of previous trips it may be best to go for a scheduled train.
The Project Redsand trust have recently started giving tours.
The boat trip will cost approximately £38 per head. If you wish to board the forts (optional, apparently) there is an additional charge of £35 per head payable to the Project Redsand Trust (a registered charity), making the total charge around £73 per head.
Read more here: http://xpilot.project-redsand.com/
We need 12 people to book the boat. If there's loads of people we'll try to organise more than one trip.
The first 12 to reply:
- Tom S
- Alex P
- b3cft x 3
- Elliot x 2
Put your name here in case someone in the list above can't come (quite likely considering tide & weather mean we may reschedule at short notice:
- hendry AT iki dot FI
- Kelvin Luck
- Dan W + 1
- Karen Friar (karen DOT friar AT zdnet DOT co DOT uk)
- Rupert Goodwins (rupertg at gmail dot com) will bring memorial shortwave transmitter to remember glory days of pirates
- Matt Sheret (matthew dot sheret at gmail dot com)
- David S (davids hat dsingleton dots co dots uk)
- Pete ( pgchamberlin at gmail ) x 2
- Nick L
- Jon Stuart ( directo at lemonia dot org ) [ non-but-soon-to-be-member ]
- Ian Ozsvald (ian AT ianozsvald DOT com - of BuildBrighton) x 2
- Tom P (palfrey AT tevp DOT net)
- Hikey - probably x 2
- Martin Williams (g4grs AT hotmail DOT com)
- Wren x 2
- 4ndr3vv at gmail dot com
- Kevan Mayor (cbf593a at gmail dot com)
If enough people sign up we'll organise another trip. Which is highly likely, given the amount of interest.