It's called robonaut. If you wish to add commands to it, drop scripts in
/usr/share/irccat on Babbage.
To start robonaut, from babbage run the following commands:
# /etc/init.d/irccat start
For some bizzaro reason, irccat requires a TCP connection to localhost (and doesn't time out if it can't establish one), so I've also run this:
$ sudo ip6tables -I INPUT 2 -i lo -j ACCEPT
Robonaut will respond to the commands below either publicly in the irc channel or privately. To get robonaut to respond publicly simply send one of the commands prefixed with a ? e.g. ?beacons. For a private response use /msg e.g. /msg robonaut ?dc
Really useful commands
- board - Change message on the message board, syntax ?board[ message]. An empty message will clear the board.
- board2 - Changes the message on the Big Clock above the vending machine. Limited to about 5 characters a line. syntax as above.
- sixteen - Changes the message on the Sixteen Segment display, n.b. only 6 characters.
- commands - robonaut will PM you a list of all available commands.
- laser - current laser status. To change status ?laser <message>
- makerbot - current makerbot status. To change status ?makerbot <message>
- subscribers - Current number of paying members of London Hackspace. Useful for updating the topic in the channel.
- netleft - says how much bandiwdth we have left for our internets
Not so useful commands
- 8ball - Will make a decision for you.
- access - Provides a link to the wiki, with info about how to get there, access and facilities.
- ampm - Tells you if it's morning or afternoon. Was created when everyone used to say "Morning" whenever they came on IRC.
- babel - Uses Google translate to automatically translate text. Use [from]|[to] before the text to specify language.
- beacon - a symlink to beacons.
- beacons - Flashes lights within the space to attract attention.
- bikes - Tells you how many Boris bikes are available near the space
- boris - Alias of bikes
- cancer - simply prints hi..., as people who abuse the bot are the cancer that's killing IRC - marked for possible archiving.
- cc - generates credit card numbers that pass the MOD 10 check (Luhn formula). Pass [visa|mastercard|amex] for certain formats.
- cz - enter a postcode to determine if it's inside the congestion zone
- coffee - provides a link to a google map of coffee shops in London from http://worldbaristachampionship.com/
- date - provides the Never Ending September Date
- daysofar - links to the last 24hrs of webcam feed from the space.
- dc - gives details of the next dc4420 event.
- define - pass in a word to get the definition from urbandictionary.com
- df - gives the available drive space.
- donate - points to github and the source of a donation page, until it's re-added to the members page.
- echo - simply echos whatever you type after ?echo
- fight - followed by two words, or two strings, the two are compared by their google hit count.
- following - lists how many people are following the group on twitter
- ham - gives the date for the next ham radio meeting
- hax - links to the Hacking Is Easy video.
- hits - uses google to give a hit count to the word or string.
- howmuch - a short text on how much membership costs.
- info - links to this wiki
- join - links to the group signup page.
- journeytoalphacentauri - it's a gamer thing, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_to_Alpha_Centauri_(In_Real_Time) for more info.
- kegerator - echos the status of the beer kegerator.
- keyholders - provides a list of the current keyholders, as listed on the wiki.
- klingon - gets robonaut to speak "Klingon".
- last24 - links to the last 24 hours of space webcam activity.
- lastseen - followed by an irc nickname will give you the time that a person last used their rfid to enter the space.
- layzor - gives information about the laser cutter.
- lightsoff - turns the DMX lights off.
- lightson - turns the DMX lights on and sets the colour using html colour codes.
- load - gives the cpu load average over the last minute, ideally below 1.00
- man - prints "You must be kidding".
- map - followed by a place, gives a link to google maps.
- meet - gives a link for the weekly meetings page.
- members - links to the members page on the wiki.
- meter - provides a reading from the power meter Electricity meter. Useful ones: ?meter UA and ?meter KW
- minilathe - echos the status of the mini lathe.
- ning - shouts MORNING! or EVENING! depending on Babbage's time. (also see noon)
- noon - shouts AFTERNOON!
- notify - displays a message on the board within the space. Will scroll if above 21 characters, and maximum is 162.
- phone - gives the telephone number for the space. If a domain name is passed, attempts (naively) to find its phone number.
- ping - if robonaut is alive it'll respond with a pong!
- procexp - links to a download of procexp.exe the MS Windows process explorer.
- ps - gives the time until the next pub standards meet.
- quote - links to the quotes page on the wiki.
- ragelevel - sets the current level of rage in IRC / the space on a traffic light
- reports - links to the the foundation's monthly reports.
- rm - Deleting the Internet.
- roll - Rolls D&D style dice e.g. ?roll 2D6
- roulette - play some Russian roulette.
- setBoard - see notify.
- slamthedoor - just what you'd expect from a slammed door - *BANG*
- snitch - msgs the user the last 5 ?board commands (with usernames)
- spies - lists how many people are watching the webcams.
- swap - Links to the wiki page where members have things to swap.
- time - Gives the date and time rather accurately
- users - Lists who is logged in to babbage
- waxon - Wax off!
- where - Provides a link to the wiki, with info about how to get there, access and facilities.
- wiki - Searches the wiki for a particular phrase/page name
- workshops - Links to the workshops page on the wiki
- yarnold - A very special command for a very special person
- zork - See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zork
- tube - gets the London Underground status - PM ?tube list for a list of available lines
- morning - plays the first few seconds of Edvard Grieg - Morning Mood, and cycles the light through dawny colours, and sets the board to say "Good Morning, hackspace"
- patriot - initiates enforced patriotism mode
Proposed commands to be implemented soon
(work in progress by xk_id)
- last20 - PMs the most recent 20 chatlines (useful when you've just joined the room)
- addquote <quote> - used in PM only, it adds the quote to the wiki list of IRC quotes.