Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
The hackspace is your space - we don't want to put excessive rules in place but we do need to keep it clean and safe.
- Do not be on fire.
- Don't use power tools unless you've had a safety briefing on them first.
- Don't defeat or hack safety features/equipment. This is for other people's safety as much as yours.
- If in doubt, ask.
- If something is broken, fix it, don't complain.
- If you're doing something major, ask the mailing list first, but you don't need permission from directors.
- Members are allowed to store personal items in the space, but they must be kept in one of the plastic boxes, labeled with your name. One box per member.
- Larger/more items are allowed with permission, but please note that space is limited. They should be clearly labeled as yours.
- If you're leaving something and you would rather it was not mercilessly ripped apart, please label it accordingly.
- Likewise, if something looks expensive or useful please don't mercilessly rip it apart without asking first.
- Workbenches should be completely clean when you leave - be considerate for the next user. Please put tools back where you found them.
- Put your dirty cups and plates in the dishwasher before leaving the space.
- Any items left on a workbench overnight become fair game. Put your stuff back in your box.
- If you have engaged in any waste generating activity (e.g. peeling wires), hoover the spot.
- If you think something should be thrown out, put it in the outgoing trash box. Two weeks later the box will go in the skip.
- If something is too big to fit in the trash box, you should probably post to the list about it.
- If you want to throw something away which looks useful, make sure the mailing list is informed well in advance.