Revision as of 12:01, 30 May 2010 by Russ (Created page with '== Personal Items == * Members are allowed to store personal items in the space, but they must be kept in one of the plastic boxes, labeled with your name. One box per member. * …')
- Members are allowed to store personal items in the space, but they must be kept in one of the plastic boxes, labeled with your name. One box per member.
- Larger/more items are allowed with permission. They should be labeled as yours (e.g. with a post-it).
- If you're leaving something and you would rather it was not mercilessly ripped apart, please label it accordingly.
- Likewise, if something looks expensive or useful please don't mercilessly rip it apart without asking first.
- Workbenches should be completely clean when you leave - be considerate for the next user. Please put tools back where you found them.
- Any items left on a workbench overnight become fair game.
We have a finite amount of space, so we will inevitably have to throw away what seems like useful stuff. To get rid of the clutter, follow the following easy steps:
- Label that it's going to be disposed, with a date four weeks from now
- Announce it on the mailing list. Wait 2 weeks
- Announce it again on the mailing list. Wait 2 weeks
- Announce it one last time on the mailing list.
- If it's electronic equipment that might have useful stuff in, rip out the electronics and put it in the electronic junk box
- Otherwise, dispose of it